*Official 06-07 NHL Thread*

impressive is the least you can say…that entire team is on a tear that im afraid to see how deep it lasts…watch spezza returns and they suck again

on a WONDERFUL side note, this is what 4 million dollars a year buys you:
http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/players/profile?statsId=1446
0 goals, 0 assists, -9

lol, almost as bad as 8 million for the ogre…

Pic of the new jerseys that every team will be wearing next year. This is of the all star flavor, of course.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/nhl/2007-01-18-new-uniforms_x.htm

WOW ANAHEIM is in a serious serious slump

2-6-2 in the last 10 JESUS…

3 NBC games today, hopefully we’ll get the Caps V the red hot penguins

Other games being shown could be
San Jose V Dallas - San jose is on a serious slump 4-5-1 in the last 10
and the Black hawks and the rangers - meh.

But for ratings reasons, Caps and Penguins at 330 :slight_smile:

Pens vs our boy Biron right now. philly was leading 3-2 with less than 5 minutes in the 3rd, Roberts makes an awesome play to setup christenson and they tie it up.

what channel?

Mystery Alaska is on fox lol

And Marty can’t hold it together in the shootout.

Not that it mattered since it didn’t look like anyone was going to score for Philly.

It was on nbc. Christenson’s and Crosby’s goals were both pretty nice. Although I believe Miller would’ve stayed right with both of them.

i think that was always miller’s strongpoint over biron. milller never made the first move, and is usually able to draw the shooter to commit first. look for marty to improve immensly though. over his 9 years with us he was a backup, then a starter, thena backup again

goaltending is a very mental game. game situations also help a ton. now that he’s starting, and playing behind philly lol, i think he will def show some improvement. hes still young, i think hes 29. he’s got another ten years in him if he can step it up, which i think he can

The only weakness I see with Miller during a shootout, is a hard shot to his blocker side. He seems to let these in during breakaways too.

Biron has more of a Hasekesque type of style. Not surprising since he backed up Hasek for quite a few years. It’s going to suck next year when I can’t root for philly anymore.

every goalie has some weakness in their blockerside. on the glove side your hand faces forward and your hand is free. on the blocker you’re holding a stick and your hand is backwards. i don’t see any particular problem there, over anyone else anyway. but iw ill look out for it in the future, could very well be something I’m missing.

I don’t agree about hte hasek style. Hasek is a great athlete, very flexible. but his positioning is terrible. his acrobatics make up for it lol

i think biron needs to work on puckhandling. he makes some risky decisions

every goalie has some weakness in their blockerside. on the glove side your hand faces forward and your hand is free. on the blocker you’re holding a stick and your hand is backwards. i don’t see any particular problem there, over anyone else anyway. but iw ill look out for it in the future, could very well be something I’m missing.

I don’t agree about hte hasek style. Hasek is a great athlete, very flexible. but his positioning is terrible. his acrobatics make up for it lol

I’m pretty sure 90% of the SO/break away goals Miller has allowed were from hard shots to the blocker side. Not saying it’s an easy save, but I just hope players around the league don’t catch on to that.

Biron is very much like Hasek, except Hasek is on a totally different level. When you look at a goalie like Miller or Roy, you see that they are solid and flop around very rarely because they are always positioned properly. Hasek can get away with being out of position because he is a god and manages to save a for sure goal. Biron does the same thing, but more frequently than not he can’t make the save.

christensen>biron today

damn i didnt mean to post that many times. my wireless connection was whilin out.

anyone see the edminton game?

actually, anyone see that Ontario/Manitoba game last night?

7 minutes left in the 3rd period, Carolina @ Devils.

7-1 Canes :wow:

i just realised somthing shitty about atlanta, they don’t have hockey night in canada lol i wanted to watch the canucks/wings game!

2 points away from NJ for #2 seed:pimp:

According to nhl.com’s standings page, it’s 4 points.