OFFICIAL '07-'08 BUFFALO SABRES SEASON THREAD

[quote=“JayS,post:274,topic:36504"”]

-1 to bad calls. I actually shut the game off when Rick went on his soapbox about the Lydman call for shooting the puck out of the rink. Listen asshole, I don’t care that he swung at it one handed. The fact is Carolina was putting on great pressure and the Sabres greatly benefited by Lydman firing the puck go into the mesh. You bitch about this rule every time it’s called against us, then bitch that it should be called any time an opposing team does it. We all love the “go home team” way you call, but at least try to be a little impartial when it comes to penalty calls.

[/quote]

Maybe you should have checked out the replay in slow motion 500 times like I did. It deflected off a Carolina players stick. Tallinder gets the penalty; Carolina scores. Yep fair call. Pominville was tripped up behind Carolina’s net in the 2nd period I think it was, and there was no call, so the refs make up a phantom “hooking” penalty on Stillman, I think it was, 10 seconds later to make up for it. Note: a bad call on Carolina. Later, Roy was tripped up in the neutral zone and no call, then he comes back and taps the blade of his stick on one of the Canes and he gets a slashing penalty. Those are just a few examples, but there are many more.

I’ll always say “ehhhh that was a weak penalty on _______ team” when there is a bad call in favor of the Sabres, but last night was just terrible and I had a hard time keeping my cool.

And I should add, I don’t necessarily think Buffalo lost the game because of officiating, because bad calls went both ways, but so far this year has been nothing but power plays and short handed situations for every game. Teams must be averaging 10-15 minutes of penalties PER team PER game. They’re trying to open up the league so that teams score more, but really they’re just turning it into a power play league. Welcome to the new and improved NPPHL!!

^ Unfortunately for the Sabres Roy is now considered a diver by the refs, so if the call is borderline we’re not going to get it. The wind blows on Roy and he falls over so he’s put himself in this situation. And his tendency

If you have to watch a replay 500 times to figure something out it was too close for the refs to get it in real time. Yeah, it sucks when it goes against you but tomorrow one of those really close calls with go for you. My issue was with the constant second guessing of the rule by Rick only when the Sabres break it.

[quote=“JayS,post:282,topic:36504"”]

My issue was with the constant second guessing of the rule by Rick only when the Sabres break it.

[/quote]

ehh, he’s usually pretty good about being unbiased. actually, in the montreal game i remember the canadiens getting called for a penalty and rick said “well partner, i don’t know about that one” after seeing the replay. but you’re talking about that one specific delay of game penalty, so i’ll have to listen more carefully to what he says next time they take one.

http://www.buffalonews.com/258/story/193001.html

The Buffalo Sabres are close to bolstering their blue line.

Veteran defenseman Nolan Pratt is with the team for a tryout. He had conversations with the Sabres over the summer but a deal could not be reached. Now, with defenseman Dmitri Kalinin out for at least a month because of a knee injury, Pratt and the Sabres are close to a deal.

The 32-year-old Pratt played his last five NHL seasons with the Tampa Bay Lightning. He had one goal and seven assists in 81 games last season.

In other news, center Paul Gaustad (eye injury) will play tonight while defenseman Jaroslav Spacek (shoulder) will miss another game, meaning that Mike Weber will make his NHL debut.

YES WEBER!!!

LOL…micah…

dont post pix like that ur so NEGATIVE

yeah he is negative, bandwagon bitch aaron!!!

nolan pratt sucks bigtime. he’s worse than sekera

ahaha i thought it was funny

Today’s Buffalo Kick in the Nuts… brought to you by Sports Illustrated…

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0710/cities.sports.slump/content.8.html

The Bills used to break everyone’s heart by reaching the Super Bowl and losing. Now, they simply disappoint fans year in and year out. To add insult to injury, the team wants to move one home game a year to Toronto. At least they have the Sabres, who last won a Stanley cup … never.

[quote=“Poose22,post:289,topic:36504"”]

nolan pratt sucks bigtime. he’s worse than sekera

[/quote]

Terrible comparison. Pratt is a defensive defenseman who isn’t afraid to drop down to block a shot or make a crushing body check. He’s 6’3 and he has veteran experience. He may not put a lot of points on the board, but he’s a hard worker and the fact that he won a cup with the lightning doesn’t hurt either. Size, experience, strong work ethic (paul william beltz, pc. had to), etc, and he probably won’t see a LOT of minutes, so I think this is a good move.

[quote=“Pass McGrass,post:292,topic:36504"”]

Terrible comparison.

[/quote]

ok, he’s just a bad defenseman then

Meh, he’s probably going to be a 3rd pairing defenseman anyway. He’s pretty good on the PK so he’ll probably see 8-10 minutes of EV time and a lot of PK time. He’s not going to fix the Sabres issues, but he isn’t going to hurt either.

i said this at the before the season started. I don’t have high hopes for this season (since the loss of both Briere and Drury). I’m going to guess we get into the playoffs in the #6 spot and we’re out in the first round.

Do i like it? no…but i’ll still cheer just as hard.

[quote=“LAFENGAS,post:295,topic:36504"”]

i said this at the before the season started. I don’t have high hopes for this season (since the loss of both Briere and Drury). I’m going to guess we get into the playoffs in the #6 spot and we’re out in the first round.

Do i like it? no…but i’ll still cheer just as hard.

[/quote]

I agree with you on the #6 seed, or maybe a 7. But I think if we can get hot going into the playoffs and start scoring more we could surprise some people and go further than the 1st round…i hope. regardless i will cheer as hard as you do when you bring your pom poms to every game and do all those wacky cheerleader cheers when the arena is quiet :tup:

MIKE WEBER RULES! i hope he does awesome tonite
lol WoRDdd
http://cdn.nhl.com/sabres/photos/mugs/8473426.jpg

yet again the disappointment as to the no-show of card or funk :frowning:

not even 2 minutes in…1-0 florida. that was a weak attempt by miller.

bah.

edit- the rav line is looking pretty good right now and the entire team is skating like they should be.

I dont know if im glad or pissed im listening to it on the radio. probably glad with the way its going so far :bloated: