Official 07-08 Penguins Thread

thats whitey he had my tickets for the game

Haha, that’s what Dyingwish had thought too—he probably thinks I’m a retard which is understandable.

great game. i ended up down there with my boss.

Definately a great game it is great when you score in the first minute. I hope we are getting back to winning we need to get a streak going.

A little off topic but does anyone know if the parkway back to monroeville will be down to one lane again near swissvale on monday night? I will be back down there again for that game and would like to find an alternate route if it will be.

GO PENS!!! toronto ftl

Therrien has to go, nottin but an ahl coach at best

Crosby has looked good on the PK lately, it is like once a game he creates/gets a good chance to score. With Staal in the box they had malkin out there w/him and it almosted worked.

2night is Laraque’s old team…maybe there is someone on there he didn’t like and we will see him beat the shit ou him…they are on a 3 game losing streak so lets hope we send them home 0-4 on their roadtrip…espicailly since I will be there 2night.

Dont know who saw but Recchi was placed on waivers today which by all means he is done here for good

They are gonna do the same thing to him as to LeClair last season. (I know this is obvious)

Maybe Roberts will be next. I can understand the impact he had during our playoff run, but this year he has shown the signs of being a 40 year old hockey player.

I know…I really don’t understand how and why. Last year he played harder and had an edge…you always hear about how in shape he is in…so I figured this year we should expect the same.

I think it is has to be one or both of two things. #1 Last year he was just “hot” and it wasn’t “normal” play for him. #2 Maybe he has some kind of illness this year where he has yet to be able to perform @ 100%.

Smort will be happy about this one…

http://postgazette.com/pg/07338/839064-100.stm

Penguins place Recchi on waivers
Tuesday, December 04, 2007
By Dave Molinari, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Mark Recchi’s career with the Penguins might be over.

The team placed Recchi, a healthy scratch for the past six games and seven of the past eight, on waivers today.

He can be claimed by any of the NHL’s other 29 teams until noon tomorrow. If more than one team submits a claim, Recchi’s rights will be awarded to the club with the worst record.

Neither Recchi nor his agent, Rick Curran, could immediately be reached for comment. Penguins officials were en route to Edmonton, where the team will open a four-game road trip tomorrow, and could not be contacted.

Recchi, a forward, has two goals and six assists in 19 appearances this season. He signed a one-year contract, with a base salary of $1.75 million, in June.

If he is not claimed, the Penguins can assign him to their American Hockey League affiliate in Wilkes-Barre or keep him on their 23-man roster.

shoulda retired last year.

he had 1 hell of a run, but everyones time comes to a close. would be nice to see him retire in pittsburgh though

Roberts has been sick with some sort of viral infection for a lil over a month

Roberts should’ve retired with dignity before this season.

wow wtf just happened!

that was awesome, 4 goals in 7 minutes to win the game

I could’ve sworn they put Dan in net.

I was falling asleep during the game it was so boring, I almost missed the goals.

:bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl:

Awesome…reminded me of last year, 3rd period comeback. Crosby is now 2 points of Lecavalier for the league lead in points. It was good to see Gonch back in there…he looked good as always. Lets hope we can keep it up and get in the playoff picture. We are only 9 points away from leading the East.