Official 07-08 Penguins Thread

that video is pretty bad, and personally id rather watch the game at home on HD and drink beer than sit in the front lawn of mellon arena…

To each his own…sitting at home infront of an HD tv is definitely cool. I just thought it was a good idea for the fans and it looks like a good time to party with a bunch of Pens fans on a nice spring night.

do it tonight. :stick: i cant wait. just need to figure out where to watch it. if at a bar or at my hosue or somewhere else.

I will be there tonight…section A11!!!

Man I can’t wait to talk about the 2-0 series lead around 10 PM tonight.

KILLER GAME! Last goal was key!(obviously) I love OT, but didn’t like the way it was going in the 3rd period for us, a lot of close ones. So Im glad it didnt make it to OT.

Damn near shit myself when malone hit that wrap around.

scary night for the pens, sooo much dominance then they almost pull a pirates move and blow the game by letting them come back like that. We outshot the hell outta them but couldnt get any goals til late

This may be abit tougher a series than i had imagined based on how ottawa came back like they did. Cant wait to see how the pens handle the away games

x2

poor martin gerber… 50 some shots on net… we missed so many retard goals we could of scored but by some luck of the draw the puck didnt see the back of the net.

Awesome game last night. Was a little bit of a scare, but luckily Bugsy came through and buried the Sens…

Hopefully we can close out the next two in Ottawa to send Bryan Murray and his band of bitches home crying to mommy.

That was the best game I have been to. Very intense game, score doesn’t tell the story of the game…but that is hockey. Gerber can only get lucky so many times…these pucks are going to start going in like crazy. I think if we play like we have int he first two games, there is no way they will even win a game. But it is the playoffs so it can get crazy…on a side note Neil NEEDS his ass beat…Gill needs to destroy that bitch.

Tonight will be a huge test for the Pens…I am sure this game will be insane. Then consider Spezza is playing and Alfredson may play…this could be a crazy one.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribunereview/news/breaking/s_562308.html

OTTAWA - Senators coach Bryan Murray said today center Jason Spezza will play against the Penguins in Game 3 of a first round playoff series tonight at Scotiabank Place.
Murray also did not rule out captain Daniel Alfredsson, who has missed two games with various injuries.

“I am not shutting the door on Alfie,” Murray said, adding that Alfredsson skated Sunday. Spezza injured his knee in Game 2.

The Penguins lead the best-of-7 series, 2-0.

Here is a good one…

Senators offer Penguins extra motivation
By Chris Stevenson
For the TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Monday, April 14, 2008

Buzz up!

A picture is worth a thousand words and, in this case, most of them are of the unprintable variety.
“Awful,” was the way one Senators player politely put it Sunday.

In what is surely one of the stupidest and most ignorant moves going, somebody with the Senators’ organization decided to cover a wall near the Penguins’ dressing room in Scotiabank Place with a large mural. It’s a photo of the Senators shaking hands with the Penguins after the Senators eliminated them in their first-round matchup last spring.

It’s positioned so it is about the last thing the Penguins will see as they make the turn from the main hallway to enter their dressing room.

story continues below

It’s right in an area where the visiting teams have been known to play their warmup game of “Keep Up,” bouncing a soccer ball around from player to player, trying to keep it from hitting the ground.
“That’s what they’ll be looking at when they play soccer,” said another player, with a shake of his head.

As if you need to give a team any other reason or motivation to want to beat you at this time of year.

The photo smacks of arrogance – unearned by this franchise, frankly, which has been a notorious underachiever at this time of year and has little reason to look down on any other or rub the noses of opposing players in defeat.

The mural is part of a freshening up of the area around the dressing rooms, which included a classy makeover of the hallway leading from the Senators’ dressing room to the ice. Fans likely will get their first look at it tonight on the big screen at Scotiabank Place when the Senators make their entrance. The walls have been covered with themes incorporating the laurel leaves from the club’s logo. There is a glass sliding door that will part to allow the players to make their entrance, during which they will pass by a big, backlit shield by the bench.

The walls outside the dressing rooms have been painted and two large pictures – one of the Red Zone last spring, filled with thousands of red-clad fans with Scotiabank Place in the background and the unfortunately chosen one of the Penguins and the Senators shaking hands.

The photo of the Senators and Penguins was chosen before the Senators knew they were going to be playing Pittsburgh in the first round. It was up on the wall on the final Sunday of the regular season, and the Senators didn’t know they were playing Pittsburgh until the Penguins lost to the Flyers that afternoon.

Just about any photo of the Senators’ great run last spring would have sufficed to fill that space, wouldn’t it, without the potential of ticking off an opponent?

“Remember how we beat you?”

Why use a picture that would serve to help resurrect the feelings the Penguins had at that moment, reminding them in living color how they don’t want to have that feeling again?

The unfortunate choice of subject has been a topic of conversation among Senators players. They see it as something that makes their jobs harder.

As soon as the Senators knew they were playing the Penguins, that photo should have been scrapped.

As he finished up answering a question during his news conference yesterday, Senators coach and GM Bryan Murray chose to fill a moment of silence between the end of his answer and the next question with this comment:

“And I didn’t have anything to do with the picture on the wall out there,” he said.

Whoever did made a mistake.

It’s not too late to fix it.

Take it down. Show your opponent some respect.

– Chris Stevenson is a columnist for the Ottawa Sun. He can be reached at chris.stevenson@sunmail.ca.

I mean I’m glad that the Senators players are showing respect by saying it’s not right to have it up there. Nonetheless I hope it gives a little more fuel to the fire and we can finish these jokers off in Ottawa, in front of the goons who put the picture up.

atleast the pens can redecorate it by the end of the week with the picture of the sens addmitting defeat

Early game 3 notes:

The Kid’s (trying to rock) that fresh playoff beard.

Geno is sick with the stickhandling.

Chris Neil needs a stretcher exit courtesy of Jarkko Ruutu

This game is gonna be nuts.

3-0

bling!

game was sick. They played good but we played better. and capitalized. its what the playoffs are all about. and our D looks solid. I’m pumped!

and did anyone see the detroit game? I was watching that when Nashville scored 2 goals nine seconds apart. that was sick