Official 08-09 Penguins Thread

I think I can watch the highlight reels of the game over and over!!! Bring on Detroit… I just hope im home for game 4 cause we have tickets…

I didn’t know Hacksaw Jim Duggan was a Pens fan, awesome.

He is indeed, even won the title belt down in the RBC Center parking lot.

Rematch it is! Time to make Hossa pay

tickets to game 4 woo woo

Anybody know if they will be opening up the Mellon like they did last year for the away games??

Hows this for weird. These are the 3 teams, prior to the Pens, that Detroit has beat for the Cup

1996–97 Philadelphia Flyers (EC)
1997–98 Washington Capitals (EC)
2001–02 Carolina Hurricanes (EC)

http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/cowher.jpg

Fucking LOSER!!

http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/pensbroom.png

it is weird that the capitals or flyers were ever actually in cup contention

“spitshine your shoes mabel, we’re gonna dance with lord stanley”-mike lang is the greatest.

Anyone going to Detroit for game 1? Ill be there in Section 226C, got tickets online for $169 a piece.

Damn I’d like to go, and that price cant be beat

tough loss but I kinda figured that one was coming, no we need to bounce back and steal game 2. I don’t think the score board was any indication of how close this game actually was… I felt like the Pens did a pretty damn good job, Wings just got the bounces in their favor.

Anybody else think its time to ditch the 7 dman and bring Dupuis up for some speed?

that was exactly it, we have equal teams, they just got some lucky bounces off of our guys. Lotta hockey left, don’t worry

Was it me or did we look totally disfunctional out on the ice. It looked like Detroit was calm and collective on their offensive and power play. The Penguins looks like a bunch of Mexicans running for the boarder. Hope they can get it back tonight.

what game were you watching… it was pretty even throughout, just a couple bounces in detroit’s favor. Both teams turned the puck over a decent amount, both had momentum swings, both had scoring chances. can’t wait for tonight’s game.

I normally don’t bitch about officiating but that was fucking disgusting

i find myself bitching about it alot, as a player i notice even the little things. I find i have the most trouble with the officiating every time Mcreary is one of the referees though. fuck him.

and also once again, fuck hal gill it’s painfully disgusting watching him play. for every one good play he makes he’s got 10 bad ones to show for it. Goligoski may be a rookie but we need him wayyyyyyyy more than we need hal gill, or atleaset boucher c’mon. I can’t stand watching the post games and hearing all the comments about what a “strong” defensemen he is, what the motherfuck game are they watching praytell?!

I just can’t believe you can watch Hossa chop Dupuis’s stick in half and not have enough balls to make the right call

It is looking rough now. This isn’t the Capitals, to come back down 2-0 against a team with their defense is going to require loads of hard work and a ton of luck. I can say the Pens have played decent and are a few bounces away from winning, but at the end of the day Detroit is a very good defensive team and if you don’t score on some of the few chances you get then odds are you are gonna lose. One thing that did piss me off is it is two games in a row that Zetterberg has cover a puck in the crease with his hand…the first game was so obvious too…oh well it looks like nothing (on both sides) is going to be called so guess they will have to deal with it. Just pisses me off they run that borderline interference shit all game long and when Geno is being help up and he shoves the player off of him he is the one who gets called for interference.

Got to win the next two games to have a realistic chance…4 out of 5 is going to be hard enough. I heard the record of a home team that goes up 2-0 in the cup playoffs is 30-1 and that one win was 38 years ago. I realize this is just a stat, lets hope the Pens can make it 30-2.