OFFICIAL '08 Nissan GTR Thread *now with test results*

[quote=“Onyx Z32,post:84,topic:37482"”]

:word:

I can’t remember a Japanese car that dealerships didn’t try to sell over sticker that was wildly anticipated. Same happened with the first EVOs from what I remember?

Don’t get me wrong here, I’m not a Nissan fan; I’m a 300zx fan and a fan of more performance cars like this in the market. :tup:

Hell, you could even make the argument that once these cars are out, they will drive down the resale prices of Z06s simply due to the fact that consumers will have more options. That will make it easier for the Z06 fans to get their hands on them in the future :sario:

How many performance cars can you buy right now for under $100k and over 450hp?

Z06
Viper
M5

I know there are more, but that’s off the top of my head.

Now how many of them are Japanese? NONE. Do you think Honda or Toyota will sit there and let Nissan stand alone? Maybe this is the last straw that pushes for Toyota to make another Supra? They’ll want a slice of the pie.

And if you use the Japanese manufacturers strategy when it came to introducing full-size trucks (Tundra, Titan) as a case study, their mindset was if they could take even a small percent of the market away from the US brands, it would help their position overall. Granted the truck market is much larger than the performance car market, but take 1% of people who would have bought a ZO6 and sell them the GTR… that’s 1% less people buying American. That 1% starts to look bigger once you factor in that the American brands are operating at a loss while everyone else is making money.

[/quote]

I hear you but, a few questions come to mind…
Is Nissan going to profit from this car?
Do dealers REALLY even want to sell/service this thing?
People like NYSPEEDER’s love this car and 99.123456789% of them can’t afford it.
When you actually get your pen out to write the check for a six figure car you can’t help but think about prestige, will this impress my neighbor or his 10 year old son who plays video games?
I know “looks” are opinion but come on, if this thing is sitting next to a 930 there will be NOOOOO comparison.

I guess time will tell how this thing sells.