OFFICIAL '08 Nissan GTR Thread *now with test results*

yes its hating when the REAL WORLD results are being posted… :bloated:

that was posted with in the first few pages…

:wink:

:lol:

Some of the comments on that site are retarded, people will basically outright lie just to justify one car over the other. I still would take a zo6, not because it’s “faster” or “handles better” but because the vette looks so much better.

so basically what they are saying is… its still not slow :gotme: lol for as many “fanboys” as there are with the car, there is an equal group of haters who will stretch the truth in the negative direction as much as they can as well.

so who is this writer and without citations how am i supposed to believe what HE says is the truth especially when hes implicating nissan is false in their claims.
(although i did time the difference in start locations and it is almost 4 seconds)

its a he said, she said.

i think you are just trying to downplay it because it can beat all the cars your fabled marque can produce.

it says “time attack” which in my experience employs a rolling start.

3 hot laps, fastest lap.

It’s on slicks, it has a flying start, and they stop the video a full 3 seconds before the timing lights they started at. Seems pretty straight forward to me? I dont deny the car is quick, but certainly not as fast as all the fanbois are claiming. Atleast it has a DSG type box so you dont have to worry about miss-shifts…

these were the points that he was trying to make…there was something about suspension…but i didnt want to include that…

Meanwhile, the YouTube video of the Nissan’s “historic run” clearly shows that the GT-R had a flying start. All other manufacturers testing at the ‘Ring use standing starts for published lap times. The video also proves that the car’s lap time was not measured at the exact same location (start and stop). Take these two factors into account, and the 7:40 claim seems highly dubious.

The icing on the cake: GT-R chief engineer Kazutoshi Mizuno’s subsequent admission from that “We used cut slick tyres.” If that doesn’t cancel their claim, nothing does

BAHAHAH ouch :rofl:

i like the car but id like to see what happens when people start modding them and what kind of potential they have on tracks in the us…and at the 1/4 mile

ouch. my pride.

bet im still faster than you even with my car on the trailer:awdrifter:

Why does everyone choose to bitch about a car that 99% of you on here will never own? Just be glad the auto industry is still producing high hp cars with insane handling instead of a plethora of 3 cylinder, 55mpg piles of garbage with navigation.

yea…

But marketing is marketing. :wink:

No suprise, why would you sell a car to dealers so cheap if you know what the consumer is willing to pay?
Just so you can advertise that Nissan makes an inexpensive msrp supercar. But if you want to buy one the dealer will charge you close to 6 figures to buy?

some of those replies on there are retarded…

"User Image
RedFoxx wrote:
If this car is so amazing, why is it limited to 180kph in Japan? ZZZZ Was that a Focus…Civic…Cobalt… that just blew by.

Sorry man. Just because a test version did well at the Nurbugring, doesn’t mean its a Porshe.

I was an unlucky owner of a new 300ZX tt Turbo. Absolute junk!!! Even the dealer gave up on it. With all its gizmos, this car will be no different."

:bloated:

its still going to be fast period. i dont know if u guys watch option video or not but on tskuba the r35 was just as fast as a highly tuned r34 from mcr. both had pro drivers at the wheel and the r35 was only about a tenth slower. thats pretty good considering the mcr r34 is about 600hp.

bump

oh noe look what i saw in person this weekend

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q124/hattrickritz/CIMG1113.jpg

congrats, there have been a few out and about for the last month, there are a few hundred at port in jacksonville right now.

well according to them this is the first 09 skyline in the usa

Sweet. Did it look huge in person?

Off-Topic: I saw the 1st Shelby GT500 Super Snake in person yesterday. They had #1 and #58 at the car show I went to. I’m suprised how much they actually drive the car too. It already had like 8,000 miles on it.