«OFFICIAL» BBQ & Burnouts 4 Discussion

:tup:

I think the amount of chaos a drift crash vs a drag crash is a big factor. i also think that a drag event at lancaster is pointless if you can rent NYI

This

Same reason we’ve never rented any drag strip ever: it’s never been cost effective.

Test and tune is $15 at Empire. It’s practically free. For what it costs to rent Lancaster we’d have to charge at least $80 per person. No one is going to pay that for drag racing.

On the other hand drifting / track days are about $100 per car and less frequent. We can at least be competitive with that price.

In for a drag day.

Bump for a general update. I’ve been waiting for over a month hear back from Lancaster. I did speak to someone today and was told they’d contact me next week, but I was also told that back at the beginning of April :slight_smile:

Still trying to get things moving.

…and the check is in the mail. Must be they’re overwhelmed with money making events and opportunities.

Nah I just think they’re still getting organized.

Also the infield part of the track that was in terrible shape is in the process of being paved now. Some of you will remember that we wanted to use that area but were unable to last time because it was so bad. Basically we’ll have more layout options now.

So uhh, is this happening?

yeah whats the deal man?

side note. if anyone has some 18’s at least 245 in width that have some tread left, ill glady roast them :tup:

Bing and I went to the track last Friday and talked to them in person. I guess the reason they haven’t returned emails or calls is because they don’t know the insurance requirements yet. I was told that I’d receive a call on Monday… no such call was made to me.

I think I have one more push in me before I give up on them. But I feel like Fry…

https://imgflip.com/s/meme/Shut-Up-And-Take-My-Money-Fry.jpg

slightly off topic, but what was the track we went to in PA with the weeds growing through the track. the track was downhill at the start and uphill at the end. That was good fun. Where was that?

Lucky’s?

http://www.luckydragcity.com/

Yeah that was Lucky’s @somedude

thats the place. we should do that again

Is this happening?

No

Lancaster emailed me last week apologizing that they’ve been so disorganized and took so long to get back to me. I emailed them back, still waiting on a quote. At this point we’re looking at the end of July as long as they respond to me soon.

… Well looks like they’re still disorganized. Maybe it’s just first-year operations for them and they have a bunch of kinks to work out, but shit all I need is an email with a quote and a date…

:choda:

Running out of season…