«OFFICIAL» Boats & Coffee @ Grass Island

Who’s interested?

Calling it “Boats & Beer” probably isn’t a good idea, lol. And not to step on @Mr_New_York 's gig’s name, but I can’t think of anything creative to call it at the moment… although it could be an idea to do it in the afternoon after a Cars & Coffee meet.

What day of the week should we do this? What time? Do we want to do our own thing to try to be there when it’s already packed?

For those that don’t know: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g48261-d4751570-Reviews-Grass_Island-Niagara_Falls_New_York.html

@steve2k1116 @NYstanger @Scott @turbo_ls1_ss @Jim1234664 @JayS @SOLITUDE @LXIFLYBY @91MR2 @97eclipse @LowlyOilBurner @HouseS2K @superfan99 @almostBrett @bracketracer @ryanbgb22 @Mike93

Sunday’s this place is packed beyond belief with drunken idiots, just an FYI lol.

Sunday’s is usually the day. As long as I’m free im
in.

I’d definitely put my chances of hitting this at less than 50%. Not planning on trailering anywhere really this season.

Sunday is definitely dudebro central out there but it’s still a good time if you’re with a group of people.

I’d be in assuming it’s not a shit show and it’s on a weekend. I have to trailer mine for this season and during the week it’s not really worth it

+1

This is definitely not my crowd. “Let’s all stand next to our boats feeding our alcoholism! It’s awesome dude bro, because you can drink and just piss yourself anytime you want and no one knows!”

Much more likely to find me over on the west river tubing, wakeboarding and skiing. Ontario’s extremely strict booze and boats policies (don’t get stopped with beer in your cooler in Ontario waters) have made the west river bro-douche drunk driving free.

When I cruise by looking at a few hundred drunks standing in waste deep water drinking I do wonder what the ratio of piss to water is right there in the shallows.

I would be down for this once I can get my little issue sorted…otherwise, I can think of better ways to go out than over the falls on a PWC antique…

I would be in for it if I could make it. Slipped at beaver island so it wouldn’t be too far to make on short notice.

I’ve ventured out on the river a few times now and my little baby sized boat doesn’t fair too well. I’m all for trailering anywhere really, as long as the waters are relatively calm. Canalside mid week has proven to be nice and chill, lot of boats anchor and / or tie up. I feel safe there mainly since the fella who defends Buffalo also is there to defend me.

OK so Sunday at Grass Island is a no go. What about a Saturday?

Or maybe pick another location entirely? Woodlawn?

I’m down for where ever. Sunday’s are good for most as people do work Saturdays. We could always setup at navy island.

My boat time is more for family/close friends so I doubt I’ll be attending regardless of location. I might cruise by and say hi if the meet happens to line up with a good weather day that we’re out.

If you’re looking for some good locations to raft up and get in the water though there’s Strawberry Island, the shorline area of Grand Island between Grand Island and Pirates Island/Motorboat Island (the one just north of Strawberry Island), the shoreline just south of the old Holiday Inn on Grand Island. All of these are regular hang out spots for people who aren’t into the “bro-ness” of Grass Island. The snorkeling at Strawberry and around Grand Island is really good too.

Highly recommend dual anchors for Strawberry Island though. Drop one out a good ways from shore then back down on it to set it firm. Let out enough line to get your stern close to shore and then set a 2nd anchor on shore and tie off at the stern to keep the boat from swaying back and forth. It’s pretty rough from passing boat so it’s way easier to anchor with the bow pointing out and the boat cutting the incoming wakes instead of them slamming the stern and dislodging your anchor.

Strawberry Island can be real rough like you said. I’ve never seen grass island anything but calm.

Something about water that’s 60% urine makes it harder for waves to form. :slight_smile:

I am wondering what will happen with Grass Island in future years. I know they were having problems with people bringing glass bottles and them breaking and being in the sand where everyone walks. People anchoring and floating beyond the allowed area. People walking around in the preserve area off limits.

The more that show the more problems will arise in this area. Really hope that is not the case for this place as I like going once in a while with no problems.

For a few weekends straight the Coasties need to hang out just up river and pull over every boat leaving. The DWI revenue would more than pay for their time and get a bunch of people who have no place on the river off to jail.

What about met up at The Lumberjack, than cruise down to grass island or wherever the fuck? That place is always dead, tons of places to tie off, you can always grab a grilled cock or burger as well?

Boats and Bagels?

Jetskis and Juice?

• Updated - - -

Grilled cock? Seems a bit over the top…

lol

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/55299237.jpg