*OFFICIAL* Buffalo Sabres 2007 Off-Season Thread

sabres are in desperation status right now methinks…but theres a press conference at 2PM today where there was hinting from my friend there will be “absolutely huge” news

for those that havent listened, i STRONGLY advise many to go to WGR’s page and listen to the interview with briere from last night…the interview says everything in that for briere it wasn’t about the money as some other team (hint hint montreal) offered MORE than philly did, but he turned it down. basically briere tried to not comment on the sabres organization, but hinted at that it didnt matter what the sabres offered, just that he was gone since he didnt hear ANYTHING from the team in the 6 weeks since the season ended…apparently we spent all that time renegotating with lindy and darcy :ham: briere also said but tried to backtrack on the fact that hes been in cali with drury for the past 5 days, and they had been having “many long talks” about their future with the team. they both decided together that neither wanted to stay here after being ignored for 6 weeks. briere even said he was surprised the sabres even offered him a contract, in that he felt the organization did not even want him to resign. drury felt the same way and they both left, albeit in different directions yet to the same division

now buffalo is going to be left with a shitstorm of fan anger, and they are going to pursue zubrus again bad knee and all. we’ve now lost out on nylander, kariya, smyth, blake, and our captains. the talent pool is thin for big name signings…i hope my friend is right and they announce some giant signing today like souray or maybe even shanahan…

toronto getting blake angers me greatly only b/c he more than likely could have come here…hey, maybe we’ll sign MOTHERFUCKING MICHAEL PECA just to spite those canucks :rofl: