*OFFICIAL* Buffalo Sabres 2007 Off-Season Thread

I think the Bills have a better shot at making the play offs this year than the Sabres.

LOL the sabres are still gonna make the playoffs, they just won’t be playing for first place like they had been doing… some of you take this way overboard

lol, the only teams in the east that i’m worried about next year are the rangers, pittsburgh and ottawa.

so i’m gonna go ahead and guess right now that Buffalo will end up as the 5th seed.

[quote=“Adictd2b00st,post:302,topic:30906"”]

LOL the sabres are still gonna make the playoffs, they just won’t be playing for first place like they had been doing… some of you take this way overboard

[/quote]

:word: +1000000

[quote=“Adictd2b00st,post:302,topic:30906"”]

[/quote]

exactly, drury and briere helped them to number 1, others will step up…

I think towards the end, we’ll have some awesome momentum, and be a sleeper for the Finals again and thats just with what we have now.

a few more signings briere and drury will be an after thought

YAY they signed teppo!! All our prayers are answered!!!

lol. well, we need his veteran experience in terms of guidance for younger players. its like having another coach, but he gets 2.6 mil to play d. and while he does have a few hiccups here and there, while he may not go on a limb, he also seldom makes huge f ups

At least we have all our defensemen coming back.

That = good, right?

Good defense + good goal tending = win?

burgundy?

nah wait, OMG REGIER AND RUFF YOURE DESTROYING MY LIFE AS WE SPEAK OMG SIGN GRETZKY NOW OR I FIREBOMB YOUR HOUSE WTF

ok, i feel better

:lol: get over it already…

lol at everyone who bashes teppo…the guy is one of our top team leaders, more than guaranteed to be our captain this year, and hes solid at the point…WAY better than spacek and lydman

with numinnen back aboard and we’re apparently not signing anyone else yet, its time for paetsch to play 4th line forward and play the point on the PP…

unless by some chance we decide to scoop up souray and all…

i wasnt really bashing teppo i like the guy hes fairly consistant but i just though it was funny cause vanek is still unsigned

I like the idea of making Goose the next captain. I know it’ll be Teppo, but I just think its a good idea to get one of the younger players into that role earlier. Gaustad gives 110% every shift, and brings more to the table in terms of intangibles. Much like Drury did. Not to say he is anything like Drury, just that I can’t iamagine Goose being a bad choice.

And the Sabres will finish first in their division again this year. Just wait and see!

[quote=“98SS10,post:246,topic:30906"”]

My inside source tells me the sabres are chasing down a new backup for Millsie, Its down to Tibeault, Sannford or Markanaan. No Conks…

[/quote]

Whos the man.:eyebrow:
http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=212878&hubname=nhl

Man…conks had a nice face mask :frowning:

But finally an upgrade at a position

Um…Wow.

oh god

ughhh

I was just coming here to post this.

We’re fucked.

GM’s across the country are looking at the fuckups we have in charge, and captain penny pincher holding the checkbook, and viewing the Sabres as a fully stocked bar.

:picard: to another 4 pages of :cry:

thats the straw right there