*OFFICIAL* Buffalo Sabres 2007 Off-Season Thread

wow we try to add thibault and lose T.V. … great. haha.

no way in hell the sabres match that. vanek’s gonna be tied for the highest paid player in the league this season…

well, at least my pominville and stafford jerseys will be the prime of the team this season!

I honestly don’t know what I want them to do.

50 million / 7 = 7.14 million a year.

Is a guy who had one great year worth locking yourself into that much money for that long?

LOL TOLD YOU!!!

o boy

OH FOR FUCKS SAKE!!!

so they gunna match or not, lol

step up boys!!!

I expected Philly to do this, but then they blew their load on Briere and I figured we were safe.

And they matched it. Listening live on wgr right now.

woRd,. im listening as well

yeah they needed to, if they didnt sign him it would have been a slap in the face to the fans.

vanek stays put. im relieved and disturbed at the same time, thats a ton of cash.

:lol: Quinn is pissed at Edmonton.

is that $7 mill and change on the salary cap each year?

[quote=“evolve,post:333,topic:30906"”]

is that $7 mill and change on the salary cap each year?

[/quote]

7.14 to be exact.

Note to Tommy G… THIS IS WHY YOU NEVER PUBICLY STATE YOU’RE NOT WILLING TO SPEND TO THE CAP.

No way Edmonton would have tried this with Quinn flat out telling them, “we’re going to match anything you offer him” had it not been for that statement and the poor handling of Briere/Drury. If it was any other team, they wouldn’t have signed that offer sheet. But because it’s the Sabres, and Edmonton knew they didn’t want to spend the money, the put the offer in hoping Quinn was bluffing about matching.

Pretty expensive lesson in pro-sports ownership for Tommy Boy.

ugh… im happpy TV stays. but wtf…

AMATEUR HOUR?

“YEA before u CUT ME OFF larry… before you interupted me…”

There ya go, that sums it up:

Quinn: “We signed the offer to send the message to other teams that if you want to shop this way, don’t shop here”.

Just what I said. We just had to pay an expensive price to fix a major image fuckup caused by management. I have my doubts how much one big deal will do for correcting the impression that the Sabres aren’t willing to pay for their talent, and I think we’ll probably see something like this again in the near future.

watch us backpedal. we wouldn’t give drury 7 mil early, and now we’re stuck giving vanek 7 mil. wtf.

[quote=“JayS,post:322,topic:30906"”]

I honestly don’t know what I want them to do.

50 million / 7 = 7.14 million a year.

Is a guy who had one great year worth locking yourself into that much money for that long?

[/quote]

NO.

:rofl: at how the Sabres management ruined the team.

[quote=“j_espo1,post:339,topic:30906"”]

NO.

:rofl: at how the Sabres management ruined the team.

[/quote]

sadly i have to agree…2 years ago management looked miles ahead of the curve, and now they look like the retarded kid in the back of the classroom WTF