OFFICIAL Buffalo Sabres Thread

once healthy, i see drury centering kotalik and hecht as a serious power line

or of course could save zubrus as a center and move briere to wing with pominville to add some bulk to that short pansy line lol

im very skeptical of zubrus’s numbers thus far since he’s been playing with ovechkin the last two years and reaping the benefits of such…i highly doubt zubrus will be a player who will put up big numbers for us, rather he’ll fill in the gaustad role of big guy who can toss the body around yet still be a playmaker

and unfortunately i think i also see zubrus as being hired help for this season only as i doubt he could squeeze 3+ mill a season out of regier for a multiyear deal…unless he buries 10 goals his first week or something…

however, at this point, id rather have zubrus as hired help than biron as hired help. in all fairness to regier, this is the best move he could have made. trading biron as talent now rather than having to trade him before he became an unrestricted free agent was more beneficial to us. i am VERY surprised however that we traded him to an eastern conference team. somehow i don’t see him signing a long deal with philly and rather possibly still looking into free agency during the offseason. however, us getting phillys 2nd round pick works because (in assuming we finish on top of the league), it allowed us to trade our top pick away to washington in that we would only drop one position in the draft by doing so…whatever, still alot of time left to analyze this trade…don’t we play philly one more time this season?