OFFICIAL Buffalo Sabres Thread

they better not get rid of biron that would be a bad move on their part of they do

lol it is not only the 3 numbers before the target number! where did you hear that? Maybe you are at the game and the first couple are quiet and then you start hearing it at 3,4,5…

It always starts at 1.

And Bandits games go up to 19. And we count it all the way up, from 1.

If getting rid of Marty will help keep Drury and Briere then it is a good move. Yes he is a good back-up. Hes solid enough to start for most teams but a back-up goalie isnt worth 2 million.

i dunno, what heppens if miller gets hurt would you want to rely on some one from rochester that is not as good as biron with less experience?

Sabres have always been able to grab good goaltending from rochester…I dont know…thats a tough one.

none of our rachacha goalies have looked too stellar this year IMO

the line of good young goalies might have ended with miller :ohnoes:

what happened to michael leyton, the guy we got at the deadline for a 6th round draft pick or something from chicago? i thought he had some potential…

We need to keep Biron though the playoffs this year, as far as next year, we have too much money tied up at goaltender.

yea i agree if something ever happend to miller and biron was gone and we had a new back up goalie that knew nothing about our team and how it works ,we’d be fucked.

I don’t know. I think if we did lose Biron and Miller got injured, putting a replacement in, no matter how new he is to the system wouldn’t be a problem. Goalies stop pucks. They really aren’t vital to a line’s chemistry or defense pairing, etc. Yes they are new to the team, and might not be everyone’s best freind right off the bat, but that new goalie, would know that they will be second fiddle to Miller when he’s healthy, and that goalie will be here trying to win games.

As far as Goose goes, thats a huge loss. Not only for his physical presence, but at what he makes a year, he’s a steal. He’ll be next to impossible to replace at this point in the season, price vs value (wise).

MORE great news for connolly :ham:

BUFFALO, N.Y. – Tim Connolly will miss at least a week of workouts because of a leg stress fracture, the latest setback for the Buffalo center who’s missed nine months with concussion-related headaches.

Coach Lindy Ruff said Tuesday that tests revealed a broken bone below Connolly’s knee. The player complained of soreness since he began practicing with the team 10 days ago.

“Talk about bad luck. He gets slapped with it again,” said Ruff, who did not say which leg Connolly hurt.

Ruff said the injury won’t stop Connolly from developing his upper-body strength and stamina. Connolly was injured during Game 2 of Buffalo’s second-round playoff series against Ottawa in May.

It marked Connolly’s second serious concussion in his six-year NHL career. The first forced him to miss the entire 2003-04 season.

The Eastern Conference-leading Sabres had hoped Connolly would return for the start of the playoffs in early April. Buffalo will already be without forward Paul Gaustad, who will miss the rest of the season after slicing a tendon in his lower left leg last week.

Connolly finished fifth on the team last season with 55 points (16 goals, 39 assists) despite missing 19 games with a knee injury. Connolly also had five goals and six assists in eight playoff games before he was hurt.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

sigh…

oh… great :bloated:

Yeah, just heard that, almost went off the road. “You’ve got to be fuckin’ kidding me.”

He needs more bread for his shit sandwich.

well it could be worse… it is only 7-10 days

but safe to say he wont be ready at the end of the season…

It has to be a curse! Seriously losing Mckee last season during the playoffs cause of an infection, now with timmy finally coming back and he gets a leg fracture.

UNFUCKINGBELIEVABLE.

There was a chance Connolly was going to be able to play something like 12 games or something before the season starts. That’s more than 2 weeks…so you can guess that he can probably still manage to play 6 or 7 games before the post season begins.

Not really a major bummer. Gaustad being out for the season is 5000 times more devastating than this.

:frowning:

wow that guy has horrible luck man that hit that ended his season last year even gave me a head ache, and now this? any new rumors going on about trades yet?

Regier announced what he would like for Biron. An nhl player, a 1st round draft pick and a prospect. Roffle. No way in hell any team is going for this, but it shows that he really doesn’t want to get rid of Biron.

As for Connolly’s injury, I think it’s a good sign. It’s showing that he is training hard enough to cause a stress fracture, without showing any signs of headaches. 7-10 days off with no skating…big whoop. He is still swimming and working on his upper body strength.

lol, no, read closer

he’s been working out with the pain the whole time…he’s had the stress fracture the whole time…

so wtf he been doing with his free time?

:rolljerk: prolly

lol thats tru wonder how the hell he did that?