OFFICIAL Buffalo Sabres Thread

yep, i’m glad too. If boston didn’t shoot themselves in the foot then we would have had no chance… thank god we play philly next… a win from them would be super

macarthur ftw, he should have got more ice time as he looked OUTSTANDING tonight

mike, wtf fag, way to tell me you were gonna be at the game :frowning:

hey FAG, maybe since i never know when youre around since youre supposed to be living in argentina or wherever the hell it is, but youre still here all the time newaiz :bloated:

and yeah, i thought the noobs played pretty well tonight overall :tup: i was praying the shootout would keep going, i just wanted to see peters get the game winner in the shootout :lol:

I wasn’t joking. Yes he played well, but I wouldn’t have had him in the top three. Granted we ended up using half the bench anyway.

hopefully ryan wont score on his own net again…

to each his own! i’m a fan of the coaches “awarding” someone who had a strong game by putting them in the shootout. granted, if we had kotalik i woulda put him in instead, but since he wasn’t available i thought the stafford choice was a good one :slight_smile:

Speaking of Kotalik… out indefinitely. Messed up his knee. His quote was “I head something snap”. He is hoping for just a couple weeks though.

here we go again with the injuries :bloated:

yea he has like a torn ligamnet in his knee.In the paper it said it will be weeks before hes back, oh well at least it isnt the end of his season hopefully , he still has to under go an mri tomm i think.These injuries are killing us :frowning:

sprained MCL, basically same shit i did to myself last summer

i was down 5 months, he said he was out 6 during the lockout when he did the same thing…

:ohnoes:

:tdown: ick…These injurys are bunk…curious to see how well we hold up. I bet we do just fine though. We would have won the boston game with a few more of our better shooters in there. Oh well.

i say mike ryan buries 2 and mcarthur scores 3 against philly tomorrow :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank god they will all be back for the playoffs pretty much excepf for goose… :frowning:

I think Darcy should play the system and tell the NHL that Connelly and Max will be out until the playoffs. Then use their salary room to sign a player or two. No cap in the playoffs means we can bring everyone back once they start. We are never that team that works the system though. We could be. Just never are. I wouldn’t mind it. If we did it, it would just prove how committed we are to winning the cup.

the NHL will investigate such situations though. If they were originally planned to be back before and suddenly are not, the nhl will investigate and penalties will follow

There are always setbacks in a players recovery. Just look at what happened to Connelly already. And the league doesn’t investigate as much as they should. Thats one thing the GMs are discussing later this week at their meetings. Nothing will be set in stone for that until next season though. Might as well take advantage of the system while we can. We won’t anyway, but it would be nice. I’m sure we’ll watch as other teams do take advantage of the rules though.

correct. They will send their own doctors

exactly…and the penatly, from what I understand, is that those players must sit the playoffs, or atleast enough of those players to get below the cap. Is it really worth being without max or connolly for the entire post-season to try and bring in extra help?

carbonfiberhooded- you are correct, this issue on cap policies were discussed at the recent GM conference i believe. They want to remove the grey areas of this policy. But these grey areas by no means will allow teams to work the system. The NHL will investigate with their own doctors. They will uncover any “setbacks” whether they be legitimate or overexagerrated.

Who knows, it may be until the playoffs until we get max back. But i believe darcy is going about this well allowing the doctors to make the call and taking it from there.

So Buffalo is trying to aquire Kevyn Adams.

In other Sabres news, Arizona newspaper the East Valley Tribune is reporting that an NHL source has confirmed speculation that Buffalo is in talks to acquire Phoenix’s Kevyn Adams, the Western New York native who played a role in Carolina’s run to the Stanley Cup in 2005-06.

Adams is a gritty, fourth-line style penalty killer who’s notched two goals and five assists in 47 games with Carolina and Phoenix this season. His career high for goals in 15, in 2005-06, and has four points in 67 career playoff games.

http://www.wgr550.com/sabres/fullstory.php?id=2177