OFFICIAL Buffalo Sabres Thread

So I’m assuming Darcy has someone in mind to spend that cap money on if we traded him for a draft pick.

i agree, its not done yet though. Im gonna miss the guy, not the greatst goalie but a really funny dude.

The Buffalo Sabres have finally parted ways with netminder Martin Biron, trading him to the Philadelphia Flyers for an undisclosed draft pick and acquired netminder Ty Conklin from the Columbus Blue Jackets. Biron makes $2.2 million this season and will become an unrestricted free agent on July 1.

Hopefully they get Bill Guerin, he should help both on the ice and in the locker room

now confirmed : http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/trade_deadline/feature/?fid=2524&hubname=

ugh so dumb…

fucking sabres.

any trades made public yet?

:frowning:

when is everyone going to agree with me that darcy has been getting lucky these past 2 years?

Biron to Philly for a draft pick and Ty Conklin, of the CBJ.

biron was hit or miss on games, kinda reminds me the way emery plays. i think its a good choice. who knows we might get good pick like a nash or somthing

Um, never. I still think there is a part of this trade that hasn’t been announced yet. Trade Marty for a 2nd round pick. Pick up Ty as a backup for a 5th round pick. Now you have 2.2 million to play with, probably have an agreement with someone that once we trade Marty we’ll give them the 2.2 million for someone.

In Darcy we trust. That’s the motto. That’s the guy that built this team. I ignornantly jumped on the “Hate Darcy” bandwagon before the start of last season when he didn’t pick anyone up, and we spent under the cap. I won’t make that mistake twice.

That would be sweet if we can pick up Pat Kane

Never, he is projected to go #1 overall, or at least top 3

while the trade on paper doesn’t look all that great, JayS is onto somthing… i think with that cap space another trade is going to be made to bring someone else in. i just really hope miller stays healthy, cause i’m not sold on conklin :frowning:

It’s not the full 2.2 million, because obviously this Ty guy gets paid for playing, but it’s got to be a large chunk of that 2.2 we now have available.

aww i will miss marty

Here’s TSN’s take on Conklin.

Assets Has plenty of confidence in the crease, and is a capable puck-handler. Works extremely hard at improving his game.
Flaws Must prove he handle the pressure over the long haul. Is too inconsistent to start at the NHL level.
Career potential No. 2 goaltender.

I think Darcy has a player in mind, but couldn’t reach him with only Goose’s roll.

I hope he’s worth it, Marty was clutch a lot last season.

This team for the most part has been there for years. beforethe rule changes that made the current team so successful.

geez if miller stays healthy this will be a good idea, if he gets hurt it will be the dumbest idea ever. I wish they would of just kept him for miller insurance.