OFFICIAL Buffalo Sabres Thread

[quote=“JayS,post:5436,topic:25170"”]

I never saw it hit a Senator. I don’t have the video to look at now, but I know it was coming in almost parallel with the goal line, hit Vaneks glove, made a 90 degree turn, and went in the net. Yeah, Vanek was TRYING to get his stick on it, but the fact is he didn’t. He got his glove on it.

[/quote]

I can see the problem if he took his hand off the stick and hit it in, but he was just trying to get a stick on it and it hit his hand. If his hand being wasn’t there, it would have hit the stick and counted. I don’t think it should have been called back.

i have faith, gotta keep cheering them on, and this pic obviously rules
http://photos-836.ak.facebook.com/ip002/v65/222/38/1824651/n1824651_32288836_5256.jpg

[quote=“JaysGreenLX,post:5441,topic:25170"”]

I can see the problem if he took his hand off the stick and hit it in, but he was just trying to get a stick on it and it hit his hand. If his hand being wasn’t there, it would have hit the stick and counted. I don’t think it should have been called back.

[/quote]

So you think you should be able to punch it in with your glove, as long as you’re holding the stick at the time? Doesn’t make sense, at least by the current rules.

Either way, we scored 2 and were up 2-0 after that. The goal being called back was not the issue last night.

And Versus sucks. I was totally pissed at the Cambell roughing call because they never showed you the entire play until about 5 minutes after the penalty. It wasn’t the hit he put on the guy defending himself that got him the penalty. Once the guy was down on the ice Cambell gave him another shot and shoved him down while the guy was sitting on the ice. That’s roughing, no question, but the dumbasses at Versus only show you the entire altercation once, but showed you the initial hit about 10 times.

[quote=“MicaH,post:5442,topic:25170"”]

i have faith, gotta keep cheering them on, and this pic obviously rules

[/quote]

HAHAHAH LMFAO that face is hilarious lol

yea we lost, but since everyone is arguing over the rule i might as well put my 2 cents in… it was a goal

[quote=“JayS,post:5443,topic:25170"”]

So you think you should be able to punch it in with your glove, as long as you’re holding the stick at the time? Doesn’t make sense, at least by the current rules.

[/quote]

No, if you make an attempt to hit it in with your hand then it shouldn’t count. But if you are in a situation where you are trying to hit the puck in with your stick and it happens to hit your hand, goal counts.

It’s a total judgement call by the officials and no less convoluted than any of the other rules in the NHL book.

so can some one tell me y it matters if it was a goal or not?? there are 2 scenarios that could have happened.

1. that goal counts and we go to over time without pulling miller and scoring with 5.8 seconds left. and still lose.

2. (what actually happened) goal does not count we pull miller and score with 5.8 seconds left and still lose in overtime.

so again y does it matter if it was a goal or not??? we lose either way

[quote=“Tunerfreak,post:5447,topic:25170"”]

so can some one tell me y it matters if it was a goal or not?? there are 2 scenarios that could have happened.

1. that goal counts and we go to over time without pulling miller and scoring with 5.8 seconds left. and still lose.

2. (what actually happened) goal does not count we pull miller and score with 5.8 seconds left and still lose in overtime.

so again y does it matter if it was a goal or not??? we lose either way

[/quote]

The Sabres would have been up 3-0 10 minutes into the first. Would’ve been a totally different game.

[quote=“Pass McGrass,post:5448,topic:25170"”]

The Sabres would have been up 3-0 10 minutes into the first. Would’ve been a totally different game.

[/quote]

i dont think so they still would have fallen on their face like they did if not harder cause they had a nice lead. i just dont see the outcome being any different with that goal but that just my opinion

Then why even bother with the 2 scenarios? The game was last night, and there is still plenty of hockey to be played.

[quote=“Pass McGrass,post:5450,topic:25170"”]

Then why even bother with the 2 scenarios? The game was last night, and there is still plenty of hockey to be played.

[/quote]

cause everyone is acting like that goal would have won the game for us i just dont see it happening

where did anyone say the goal would have won the game? any fan who actually has half a brain realises that every situation is gonna change based on what happens earlier in the game… so saying " the game woulda ended up being 3-3 going into overtime anyways" is retarded because the game woulda been played completely differently form that point on.

[quote=“Tunerfreak,post:5451,topic:25170"”]

cause everyone is acting like that goal would have won the game for us i just dont see it happening

[/quote]

actually i didnt see that anywhere. i just saw a bunch of people arguing over whether it was a goal or not according to the rules :gotme:

i will extremely agree with mr mcgrassypants that a 3-0 game is a VERY different scenario than a 2-0 game though…

i wouldn’t blame that game on that goal.

we showed up to the first, but that was it.

it’s all right, we’ll make up for it.

[quote=“Tunerfreak,post:5449,topic:25170"”]

i dont think so

[/quote]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/sil01/yougetanF.jpg

[quote=“JDMR2,post:5453,topic:25170"”]

3-0 game is a VERY different scenario than a 2-0 game though…

[/quote]

You ain’t kidding man.

[quote=“Coldaccord,post:5454,topic:25170"”]

i wouldn’t blame that game on that goal.

we showed up to the first, but that was it.

it’s all right, we’ll make up for it.

[/quote]

Fucking a i hope so, they played too well all year and are too good of a team to fall to the sens.

I think that hit on Tallinder fucking sucked. How was that not a penalty or a suspension. Now 550 is saying that Lydman may have scored when he rang the puck off the crossbar. Who knows

The hit on Tallinder was garbage. As I said earlier, there were 3 seperate instances of boarding hits in that game that went unnoticed. And the one on Tallinder was dangerous.

Maybe the NHL is trying to make a Travis Roy of their own?But it was overtime, in a game that had been full of questionable calls already, in the playoffs. They put the whistles away and there is no way in hell they are going to suspend a teams top offensive talent.

So the real question, whose getting benched tonite? Kalinin, or Spacek? Spacek’s lack of existence this whole post-season bothers me more than Dmitri’s play. We payed good coin for Spacek, and gave up a player that inspired the rest of the team at this time of year and had an infectious work-ethic when it came to shot blocking. And Spacek isn’t taking shots from the point, and isn’t playing a physical game, and has been questionable at best on defense.

Heck, maybe Paetch on the PP will stir some shit and get something going. He did spark our PP during the regular season afterall.

Ehh I would rather have a non-existent player on the ice rather than one who shows up all the time because of bad play/give aways

Sabres’ Tallinder is ailing from Game 2 crosscheck

Associated Press

OTTAWA – Sabres defenseman Henrik Tallinder is sore after being crosschecked from behind by Ottawa’s Daniel Alfredsson, and could miss Game 3 Monday of the Eastern Conference finals.

Coach Lindy Ruff on Sunday wouldn’t provide any details of Tallinder’s injury, but was unhappy that Alfredsson wasn’t penalized on the play. It happened midway through the first overtime of Ottawa’s 4-3 double-overtime win on Saturday, which gave the Senators a 2-0 lead in the best-of-seven series.

Tallinder had just played the puck behind the Sabres net, when Alfredsson shoved him headfirst into the boards. Tallinder was slow to get up and groggy as he left the ice and went straight to the locker room. He missed at least one shift before returning to finish the game.

“I look at that as, probably if that’s the regular season, when the guy doesn’t have the puck, and gets run from behind headfirst into the boards, it’s a suspension,” Ruff said.

The coach said he’d leave it in the NHL’s hands to review whether Alfredsson should be punished.

Alfredsson said he did nothing wrong on the play and thought Tallinder could have been feigning injury.

“He came right back after, so I don’t know if he was trying to draw a penalty,” Alfredsson said. “He seemed fine.”

Tallinder’s loss would be a significant blow for Buffalo as he and Toni Lydman form the team’s top defensive duo. Tallinder ranks second on the team in averaging 23:13 ice-time per game, and has two assists.

Peachy.