OFFICIAL Buffalo Sabres Thread

Predictions for tonight?

Sabres power play goes at least 20% (1 for 5 for the math challenged), we win.

Sabres power play continues being the giant stinking pile of feces that’s it’s been (0-18, 0%), we lose.

Anyone going to watch the game at HSBC?

[quote=“JaysGreenLX,post:5446,topic:25170"”]

No, if you make an attempt to hit it in with your hand then it shouldn’t count. But if you are in a situation where you are trying to hit the puck in with your stick and it happens to hit your hand, goal counts.

It’s a total judgement call by the officials and no less convoluted than any of the other rules in the NHL book.

[/quote]

The rule states that if it hits a players glove regardless, it isn’t a goal :frowning:

[quote=“Jagermeister,post:5462,topic:25170"”]

[/quote]

Im going with SI01 and muh broad.

[quote=“STEALTTH,post:5463,topic:25170"”]

The rule states that if it hits a players glove regardless, it isn’t a goal :frowning:

[/quote]

clearly its one of those rules that should be changed. The skate thing i was never a fan of. the glove, as long as it is on the stick it should be considered part of the stick.

[quote=“Jagermeister,post:5462,topic:25170"”]

[/quote]

hmm… does sound tempting

[quote=“SkunkApe,post:5466,topic:25170"”]

hmm… does sound tempting

[/quote]

There would have to be at least 2 seats between you and I.:gay2:

I may swing down to the HSBC with boardjnky, but its cold outside… and I don’t want to cry if they lose tonight and look like a baby

sabres will win, 3-2 tonight…

I am going down tonight should be fun, I hope everyone else already gave up so I get close parking

4-1 Ott

[quote=“RobHimself,post:5465,topic:25170"”]

clearly its one of those rules that should be changed. The skate thing i was never a fan of. the glove, as long as it is on the stick it should be considered part of the stick.

[/quote]

Maybe the rule should be changed…maybe not.

regardless, its the rule so no goal was the right call…even though that sucks.

[quote=“OneFastMonkey,post:5457,topic:25170"”]

I think that hit on Tallinder fucking sucked. How was that not a penalty or a suspension. Now 550 is saying that Lydman may have scored when he rang the puck off the crossbar. Who knows

[/quote]

Idk if it was worthy of a suspension, but call a fucking 2 minute minor or something. The ref was standing right there.

And Lydman’s shot was not a goal. I was sitting in 209 which is between the blue line and the right side of the goalie, but closer to the goalie, and I watched that puck blast the outer crossbar and then head towards me. In the youtube video it gets lost because it’s kinda “rolling” along the crossbar, but it never went in.

Here’s the vid

[quote=“ILCisDEAD,post:5468,topic:25170"”]

I may swing down to the HSBC with boardjnky, but its cold outside… and I don’t want to cry if they lose tonight and look like a baby

[/quote]

They are opening up the arena and setting up 2 9x12 screens on the ice or something. I guess all consession stands will be open and it should be just like a regular home game…without the players.

I’m considering going. Not positive, but I think the doors open at 5 and it’s first come, first served for seating.

nm, found the link.

Admission and parking are both free, but fans are asked to make a donation to the Sabres Foundation upon entering the arena for their "House Party”.

Starting next Monday (May 14) when the team hits the road for Game 3 of the Eastern Conference Finals in Ottawa, Sabres fans are invited down to HSBC Arena to experience “a game without a game.” Fans will be able to watch the game on the Jumbotron and two 12’ by 9’ video monitors that will be set up on the ice, while listening to the synched-up radio coverage of Sabres broadcasters Rick Jeanneret and Jim Lorentz. The arena will operate just like a regular home game, including full game presentation, Sabretooth and an anthem singer prior to puckdrop. All arena concessions will be open throughout the game, as will the Sabres Store.

It all starts at 5:30 p.m. with the “Party in the Plaza,” featuring live music, food and drinks. Hit and Run will perform on Monday, with Strictly Hip scheduled for Wednesday. At 6:30 p.m., the arena will open up for all fans to watch the game.

http://wgr550.com/sabres/fullstory.php?id=2385

i hope no senator fans come…lol anways i think it would be a awesome time.

fuck…

they deserve to lose this game, and the next one. they are playing like a bunch of fucking amateurs. fuck they are pissing me off. im not watching the 3rd. the way its going, it can only get more embarrassing.

ugh

wtfuck is going on :frowning:

Want to talk about bad signs? I have one of those freeze mugs, a Sabres one. It’s been pretty lucky through the regular season, so I decided to pull it out of the freezer going into the 2nd. As we go on the power play I notice a lot of water dripping from it, way more than just condensation.

Yep, my “lucky” Sabres freezy mug split a seam and pissed itself just as we went on the power play. I couldn’t make this shit up if I tried. :sigh: