OFFICIAL Buffalo Sabres Thread

Just because Danny’s house is for sale doesn’t mean he’s gone. Either way, he knows he’s making good money next year. Maybe he just wants a bigger house. Sell his now, while the market is great in Amherst, and when he signs here or somewhere else buy his mansion.

Briere is wearing a Flyers Jersey next year…

Signing Vanek to a long term deal is MUCH more important than keeping Briere.

Who cares about that at this point in time anyways as they still have a cup to win.

[quote=“Bigairskier1580,post:5723,topic:25170"”]

Signing Vanek to a long term deal is MUCH more important than keeping Briere.

Who cares about that at this point in time anyways as they still have a cup to win.

[/quote]

Vanek is a restricted FA so it’s not as difficult as signing Briere or Drury would have been…

Yewha, I know hes an RFA, but we need to make it a major priority, and he’s going to command a very high salary.

we have roy to worry about signing as well but if darcy made some very smart moves he could keep briere, drury and zubrus but i do think it will be only two of the three. One tempo has to be retireing soon, we could not resign Kotailik that right there is about 4 million from this years cap we all know peters is gone so were at about 4.5 million then the cap goes up another 4 million so thats 8.5 million just to give raises. Hopefully we pull something off

[quote=“Pass McGrass,post:5720,topic:25170"”]

My 79 yr old grandma can probably hit better than Peters.

[/quote]

I don’t know about that…i sure can tell you she takes a penis pyle driver better than any 79 yr old i’ve been with.

[quote=“RuBiCaNT,post:5724,topic:25170"”]

Vanek is a restricted FA so it’s not as difficult as signing Briere or Drury would have been…

[/quote]

again, you fail at hockey matty pants :stuck_out_tongue:

vanek being an RFA is a MUCH bigger pain in the dick that anyone thinks…noone seems to realize that some team can just throw him some ludicrous offer, say $4 mill for 1 season, figuring he’ll drop in another 30-40 goals next year. buffalo HAS to either match the offer or all we get are some compensatory draft picks :tdown:

i foresee some team throwing vanek some big bank offer just to lure him out for a year of big bills unless buffalo signs him the day after the playoffs end

and fuck briere with his house for sale already…maybe thats why his play has been off so much in the playoffs :bloated:

[quote=“2point4z,post:5713,topic:25170"”]

we need some hitting…bring in petersssssss

[/quote]

Kaleta > Peters for physical play

Though neither one of them should see ice time this playoffs

briere keeps doing interviews and such… but you can kinda tell he is just ready to jump ship. im sure he still wants to win a cup, but his mind and body are somewhere else already…

also, lindy said that drewwwwwwwww will be in the lineup tomorrow. i predict he helps us win.

[quote=“badazzss,post:5730,topic:25170"”]

im sure he still wants to win a cup, but his mind and body are somewhere else already…

[/quote]

The Stanley Cup means more to these guys than most people seem to realize.

Speaking of hitting people…

Fan was repeatedly punched following Sabres’ Game 4 win

Associated Press

Updated: May 18, 2007, 8:05 PM ET

* Comment
* Email
* Print

BUFFALO, N.Y. – The Ottawa Senators want to make things right for a Buffalo Sabres fan who was assaulted after the team’s most recent home game.

Cyril Leeder, the Senators chief operating officer, said Friday the team has offered tickets to Renee Luck after learning the Buffalo woman was repeatedly punched in the face following the Sabres’ 3-2 win in Game 4 of the Eastern Conference finals Wednesday.

Luck’s face was swollen and cut after she was assaulted by two men as she and a group of friends were leaving their seats at Scotiabank Place. Luck was rescued by other Senators fans.

Ottawa police have identified suspects but have not pressed charges.

“We don’t condone that kind of activity,” Leeder said after the team arrived in Buffalo in preparation for Game 5 on Saturday. “This is the least we should be doing in this case.”

Leeder added the offer is good even if the Sabres force Game 6, which would be played at Ottawa on Monday. The Senators lead the best-of-seven series 3-1.

Leeder said an Ottawa hotel has also offered Luck a free night’s stay. He said the team has not yet received a response from Luck after leaving her an e-mail and phone message.

Leeder added the team would also consider revoking the suspects’ ticket rights if they are convicted.

“I had a headache all day. It hurts to chew. My face is sore,” Luck told The Buffalo News in its edition Friday. “It’s absurd that something like this could happen over a win against them.”

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

Nice, huh?

even more reason to knock those assholes out of the playoffs!

I was listening to Shredd and Regan last week and they covered that story and I guess some dude stepped in to protect her. Not only was it some random guy… it was a bare-knucle boxing champion from Scotland. Careful who you fuck with lol…

If that scottish dude really stepped in that is awesome.

The best thing I have heard about the Sabres win on Wed. nite is… Did they just not want to get swept or do they really want to be back in the series?

We will all know the answer in 2 hours 45. min :slight_smile:

[quote=“Janus,post:5734,topic:25170"”]

I was listening to Shredd and Regan last week and they covered that story and I guess some dude stepped in to protect her. Not only was it some random guy… it was a bare-knucle boxing champion from Scotland. Careful who you fuck with lol…

[/quote]

the part that gets me, is why did the husband stand there and watch his wife get punched in the face 5 times…before someone else stepped in? even if he was a wimp, he still should have stepped in a and took the 5 punches himself imo.

[quote=“JuicedGT,post:5736,topic:25170"”]

the part that gets me, is why did the husband stand there and watch his wife get punched in the face 5 times…before someone else stepped in? even if he was a wimp, he still should have stepped in a and took the 5 punches himself imo.

[/quote]

and why didnt other people in the area jump in and pummel these dirtbags in the ground?

[quote=“JuicedGT,post:5736,topic:25170"”]

[/quote]

husband wasnt around her at the time

[quote=“BuickGN,post:5738,topic:25170"”]

husband wasnt around her at the time

[/quote]

sounds like he was close enough…
http://news.sympatico.msn.ctv.ca/TopStories/ContentPosting.aspx?feedname=CTV-TOPSTORIES_V2&showbyline=True&newsitemid=CTVNews%2F20070518%2Fpunched_fan_070518

“no charges have been filed”

What a load of crap. They should have the book thrown at them.

If no charges do get filed, I would have no problem going for monetory compensation, and I’m not sue happy either.