Official: Chevy Caprice police car (update civilian version coming?)

where did you hear that? the article what I posted (unknown source) is the only thing I have herd about the new police package.

^I read several articals posted on Crownvic.net.Them guys are pretty stoked about this new Taurus.

i kinda like it

Bob Lutz is at it again, telling Drive.com.au that he would love to see a Commodore-based sedan back in America as a Chevrolet. Or, to use the quote-machine’s own words:

“If we can pull that off and we have the next generation Commodore in as a police vehicle then we want to take a look at reintroducing a civil version as a high-end Chevrolet. Because when you get down to it the thrill of high performance driving is unmatched by anything that doesn’t have rear-wheel drive, bags of torque and a nice transmission. So there’s a possibility of a premium Chevrolet sedan that would be sold in limited numbers. Think of it as a kind of four-door Corvette.”

Also, Mark Reuss was the chairman of GM Holden and is now the head of North American operations. He was one of the main people behind the G8 coming to america before and rumors are now flying about both the Caprice and the UTE coming to America.

Looks like an impala front end with those head lights with a G8 middle

Want.
Oh, and meh, there are nicer license plates, architecurally, but that is pretty bad ass. I want a plate from Dubai someday.

I dont see them ending up with the 6.0 state side to be honest, they didnt even get hemi chargers

The thing with the Charger is that it fails on so many levels as far as a fleet vehicle goes.Yeah it has good power and looks cool BUT not much else thats useful for Police.

The new 9C1 Caprice will be much better suited for Police than the Dodge Charger is.

If you remember back in the mid 90’s,most every Police car you seen were the LT1 9C1 Caprice,cops loved them…They were rated to be the best Police car in US history.Talk to any Police officer who has been on the force for a while and he will most likely tell you he liked the ol’ 9C1 Caprice the best.Anyone who has driven one would understand.I have personally owned 7…

The P71 Crown Vic is a great Police car IMO,however,its time for it to go and make way for something else,wether it be a Taurus or Caprice.

I say let the Cop car wars begin!!

every cop i know said the caprices sucked in the rain and snow, mainly because of the posi.

the charger sucks because there is no room to stuff prisoners.

^ I’ll give ya that lol.

Not all 9C1 Caprice’s had a G80 posi though.I had one Caprice (ex-Buffalo PD) that had a open diff.That car was pretty decent in the snow.I did get stuck two times tho.My Posi Caprice’s were quite well in the snow and rain.However get on it to much and it would go nuts lol.Hard to keep control.

That’s why you carry extra shotgun ammo and such in the trunk… some other heavy stuff. lol

I’d rather not get stuck and learn to feather the throttle instead of one wheel spin in 10 inches of snow.

Pics from the Chicago auto show:

Being a long-wheelbase Zeta, the Caprice PPV has plenty of room for a divided cockpit with what appears to be a plexiglass barrier protecting the driver and front passenger from whatever or whomever happens to be confined to the rear. Other interesting tidbits include a number of storage locations, including one for weapons between the two front seats.

We’re sure the cops will appreciate the E85-compatible 6.0-liter V8 and the 355 horsepower and 385 pound-feet of torque it puts out.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2010/07/capriceopt.jpg

More info:

I wish they just left the g8 as was and named it under chevy, it was WAY more attractive. this looks like a 2006 impala did

I’ll wait to find a totalled out on and swap a monaro front clip onto it lol.

australia, fuck ya

:tdown: