Official: NHL Playoff Thread

that save by fleury may have saved the pens… that split toe stop had me outa my seat!!!

I like how the fans were “YAAAAAAHHHHHOHHHHHHH”

Game over, fluery with another bad goal

fuck detroit

edit: and their fairweather fans.

They don’t have fairweather fans… that city still loves hockey. Detroit is the American auto industry, and those people are really hurting right now. When you’re not sure how long before you’re going to get laid off you can’t exactly blow big money on hockey tickets.

I hated the Red Wings when they would try to buy the cup every year, but since the salary cap I just have to respect them for being consistently good when they spend the same as everyone else.

its not over yet…

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

GOAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL!!! no shit, I really didn’t see it coming

only delaying the inevitable of this series :stuck_out_tongue:

+1

I really hope this doesn’t go too long because I don’t want to miss the cup presentation but I don’t know how late I’m staying up.

^ Oh fuck both of you… The cup isn’t getting presented tonight!

Ok, well i may be wrong, Detroit is playing their asses off!

meh, it will be a good overtime. pittsburg will be recharged and i think they want it more and it shows.

And like Buffalo is that much better off? The Sabres still found a way to sell out all but one game and were pretty much fighting for 8th place all year.

Detroit had like 10 non-sellouts and they were in 1st place the entire year. Not to mention, whats Detroit’s population and what’s WNY’s?

Hockeytown my ass!!

Its the same reason I don’t want the Pats to win in football. Whats the fun of the same team winning it all the time. Now I know its been like a decade since Detroit won last, and your right about them buying championships and that probably has a lot to do with why I hate them, but I still hate them.

Your not going to be able to reason with me, I hate Detroit too much. IGNORANCE IS BLISS!

OK… THE HEART IS STILL RACING!!! HOLY FUCK THAT WAS GREAT

because detroit has likeable players, unlike the patriots :stuck_out_tongue:

This OT is all Detroit so far.

Detroit’s puck possession is incredible. I’ll give them that. It’s almost as if they have 6 skaters out there at times, the way they cycle.

:word:

^ That and they’re one of the few teams that don’t do the dump and chase. They either carry it in or make some kind of blue line give and go. So much more exciting to watch that style.

After all the shit the refs have let go in this OT I really don’t want to see this game end on a PP goal.

EDIT: Pretty clear who the refs/NHL want to win.