Official: NHL Playoff Thread

That was amazing. Holy hell…

such a great game…

i wanted to go to bed so bad though

I missed most of the game, I had a game at holiday. was 2-1 when I went into the lockerroom. After the game I go in, take a shower, drink a beer & get dressed. Our one player is still MIA. his bag is there, his shoes are there, but he is gone. He comes in when I’m about to leave, he had been watching the game the whole time. I couldn’t BELIEVE it was still on. jetted home listening to WGR, got to fahertys with like 14 minutes left in the 3rd OT

i think one of them had to do with the skate to fluery’s hand… that was pretty lame to kick him

skate to his hand? when was that?

after zetteberg cut across whoever was in front of the net i think was either falling or getting up and his skate hit fleury, look more like he was losing or regaining balance to me, but i think the initial call was on zetteberg. i think i remember the wings getting a goalie interferance call on just as soft as a play though (malone “push” and sykora rubbing his arm) those were just as lame.

also since it wasnt mentioned before, kronwall LMAO

NHL says ratings for Game 5 best since 02 Cup Finals
Posted by George James Malik June 03, 2008 14:33PM

Steve from Kukla’s Korner is reporting that the NHL received its highest ratings in six years for its NBC telecast of Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Finals:

June 3, Kukla’s Korner: Last night’s thrilling Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Final on NBC earned a 4.3 overnight rating and an 8 share (8 p.m.-12:45 a.m. ET), the best overnight rating for a Stanley Cup Final Game 5 in six years (2002 - Carolina-Detroit, 4.5/8) and the best for an NHL game on NBC since NBC reacquired the NHL in 2004. The rating, which peaked at a 5.8/10 from 11-11:30, was up 79 percent over last year’s Game 5 on NBC (Anaheim-Ottawa, 2.4/4). Also, NBC’s Saturday night Game 4 coverage captured the night in Adults 18-49, the first primetime victory for the NHL in seven years (see below).

-taken from the pens forum

Good game to watch.

But aye, it was frustrating watching pitt keep trying to carry it into the zone time after time. Clearly it wasn’t happening and no offense was being generated, so why keep doing it? The times they dumped and forechecked, they got chances.

Reminded me of the Sabres!

I’d love for this to go to 7.

i heard on the radio today that out of all the cities that watched the game buffalo was number #3, right behind detroit which was #2 and pittsburg was #1. WHY IS DETROIT CALLED HOCKEYTOWN?!?!?! OUR TEAM ISNT EVEN IN IT AND WE ARE THAT BATSHITCRAZY ABOUT HOCKEY!!

I want the Penguins to win, but I don’t think they should have last night. Their playing looked so sloppy and uncoordinated. I mean, for the end of 2OT and the beginning of the 3rd (when I realized the game was on, oops), they could barely get the puck out of their end. And their passes were horrendous.

Not to mention that 4 minute penalty. If that didn’t happen, they’d be SOL.

Goaltender stole the game, and gave them a chance to win, they scored. Sometimes that happens.

Pitt did look horrible though other than their goaltending. But like I said, they kept trying to carry into the zone, which is NOT going to work against Detroit.

How many times will it take for them to realize this?

GO pens!!! Hope this goes to game 7 after tonight. :tup:

Hopefully my prediction comes through tonight :stuck_out_tongue:

likewise :slight_smile: i’m too lazy to quote myself tho LOL

pens wont lose at home again. bank on it. hopefully detroits age will show tonight after that 3OT marathon.

if anything i think the 3OT marathon hurts pitt, they hung on for dear life in that game :stuck_out_tongue:

yea but we were also running 4 lines, not 3. (maybe detroit did send their 4th out and i just dont remember?)

yea they did use the 4th line altho sparingly, it was the line with helm on it

Cant wait for tonights game.

detroit 5-2