Official: NHL Playoff Thread

glad zetterberg got mvp :tup:

Damn reporters. In the Penguins locker room, “So how awful did it feel to see Fleury land on that puck and it shoot into the net”?

Why not just kick the guy in the balls and laugh at him?

the announcers are fucking terrible after games, they did it to philly and ny too.

how dissapointing, fleury let in 2 soft ones hes gotta be kicking himself right now, but the game cant be blamed on him. i thought hossa got the puck in with <2 seconds left that woulda been amazing. damn that 3rd detroit goal was so shitty, i thought i heard a whistle, everyone stopped skating then next thing i know i hear “GOAL”…and im just sitting there thinking…WTF.

o well great season, and we will be back next year. ill predict a 4th seed.

This was about the only series we agreed upon this year :), but as I said the experience of Detroit would prevail over the youth in Pittsburgh. Detroit absolutely deserved this Cup, they just dominated so much of the play. And to think Nashville almost gave them a run…

Still sucks Detroit didn’t win last night. The team deserved it and the fans deserved it. After triple overtime that place would have exploded.

Oh I was so pissed about that. When a team outworks their opponent as much as Detroit was, they deserve the advantage in powerplays. But instead Pittsburgh gets the first 2 opportunities to end it on the same call. And then when Detroit finally takes a legit penalty, Pittsburgh capitalizes on it. There were other opportunities to even up the calls prior to that high sticking that would have given Detroit another PP chance. It’s over now so I guess it doesn’t matter.

the inevitable pitts no match for a far better team

Zetterberg>Crosby

Fuck , what a disappointment. Pittsburgh had a real shot at forcing 7, but couldn’t pull through defensively.To think that Detroit finished them with a few lucky goals from some minor slip ups from MAF who had an elite, flawless performance the game before. If I was malone id be crying in the end too after 2 broken noses lol. That last two seconds was soo close. I cant even imagine how nuts the mellon arena would have gone if that went in.

A few lucky goals dont get you a 4-2 series win tho.

yeah…detroit dominated (not meant to be a pun)

a few lucky goals? lol it was very clear that detroit was the better team and dominated most of the play throughout the series. and that last 2 seconds, shouldn’t of even happened because datsyuk got tripped at the center line right before that!

im def glad detroit won

Plus the last 2 seconds didnt even matter time ran out before hossa even swatted it near the line.

It’s so funny because it happens every single year too.

It’s a ritual. Cheer the winner/hometeam, cheer the cup, and boo Bettman.

Either way, this series was great for hockey. Now if only the regular season wasn’t on VS so more people could watch it without buying a special sports package for a station that aside from hockey (although their commentators suck as well), sucks. Best ratings in a long time, and AMAZING action. Fastest speed I’ve seen in hockey, big hits, great moves.

this woulda been a whole different series if pittsburgh doesnt play the first 2 games like shit, and takes a note from detroit and takes more shots from anywhere instead of always trying to force shit. whatever hopefully pitt can learn their lesson and come back better and more experienced next year.

Eh, as much as I love Pitt, they got dominated through and though.

MAF did let in some soft goals, but what the hell, he was under so much pressure and faced so many shots, that anyone would’ve let in some.

Pitt needed to change their whole style of play to stand a chance against Detroit, and they did not.

I will also admit, that in my previous predictions, I really underestimated the skill level and discipline of the Detroit defense.

Damn am I sad for no more hockey until October. Ugh. Such a good series to watch.

Detroit had the best D in the NHL

I realize that now, but before I didn’t believe it.

Hell, they made Osgood look great, and I think he is mediocre at best. (See the last shot in the game last night for reference)

lol yeah, almost snuck through

Yeah, on a straight ahead wrist shot from way out near the blue line.