Official: One of Four in Buffalo Live in Poverty

Come down my street in the city.

Poverty is based on claimed income. Explain why 3 of my neighbors live in subsidized city owned housing but drive brand new BMW 7 series cars and Jags.

Here is the rates to be “poor”.

Edit: It would be pretty simple to collect welfare. If you look at a lot of city housing, the owner of the house can claim everyone living with them as dependent. So if you own a house and have your wife, 2 kids, and 2 of your parents living in a subsidized house at $1,100 per month in rent, you need to be claiming almost 30k a year. If you find ways to work off hte books and leech of the city like many people do, you can use the welfare check to get money for rent and you are golden.

A lot of the housing around here used to be awesome places to live. I was talking to a guy whos father helped build a lot of places like the towers by Harrys Harbor Place grill that are now city owned and poor. He said they used to be gorgeous apartments and they just went to shit. Also, a lot of the neighborhoods in the city all are big houses and people can remember them being really nice neighborhoods. Mine for example by canisius is full of 4-6 bedroom houses and multiple rooms but are now nothing compared to what they used to be.

I blame certain people for poverty…once you get over walden and union it seems like poverty stops and so does a certain amount of people

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f312/Tonito44/ThatsRacist.gif

ehh more like the truth and I didn’t say which race…if peoole would just get off there lazy asses and get a job and stop collecting any money they can get fom the government that may solve some of the problem

:word:

It’s not any particular race or creed that is at fault. it’s a class of people across all ethnicities…

I actually made over $14k/year working at mcdonalds in high school part time.

So I find it ridiculous that there are that many extremely poor people in buffalo.

I don’t find it ridiculous. A lot are poor because they are lazy.

well with all the black people we have… aren’t they considered to be in under the poverty line regardless how much they make? thats gotta be an easy 20% right there

:bigclap:

don’t worry, this’ll be their year. the Bill / Sabres / City is due for a winning season.

yaa and I’m going to win the lottery

in for the sabres winning the cup and half of the city being burned to the ground http://smiliesftw.com/x/eek5xt.gif

would be much cheaper than having all the abandoned buildings torn down. :shrug:

is someone gonna clean it up for free?

Homeowners insuarnce pays $25/hr per person to clean up demo.

:fyi:

not bad.

it is when it’s your shit. :cry:

:grouphug:

61"tvinrubblepile.jpg

right now i do landscaping and we basically take care of anything houses need whenever one of the housing managers need it done. We just got 100 new homes added to our list, The 2 guys that were running them left in july and took all the money they could. No one has been cutting the grass and people are just leaving or being evicted, i will take some pics next time we do a clean out. We use rakes and shovels for most of the belongings… food is left out full fridges and no power…