Official: One of Four in Buffalo Live in Poverty

Says the US Census Bureau

http://publicbroadcasting.net/wned/news.newsmain?action=article&ARTICLE_ID=1350790&sectionID=1

amazing how we used to have the highest % of millionaires per capita in the entire world, now we’re the third poorest.

Yeah but, where else can you buy a house for $1200?
:lol:

I actually talked to some friends about buying the entire fruit belt and kicking out the “bad” people.:lol:

Are you surprised about the statistics? I’m not.

what’s the definition of poverty? don’t they put an income number on it?

I will admit that I didn’t think we were that high up the list.

I’m not too surprised though.

<~~~~~~ 1/4 :frowning:

There is no new money being generated here in this city that is why it stinks. Just old balls with $$$$$$$$$$$ and inheritance. Poverty line IMO is $25k household income. Thank God I can wash my ass with any bar of soap I want. :fuzzyfish:

Wonder where all of WNY sits?

financial planning is for suckers

having lots of kids without a job rocks

yeah i think poverty line is $13-$14k per adult… something just over what Wal-Mart pays so-called full-time employees annually… same with mcdonalds… two of the largest employers in the US…

That’s why I joked about the $1200 houses.
You can be poor and live in Buffalo no problem.:lol:
Poor in Cali is probably $80,000 annual income.

the city of buffalo is alot different than wny

We looked up some of the houses that were sub $5000 in Buffalo. There area a ton. I would never live in them. A black women I work with says she would even be afraid to live in them.

And most of them would have to be ripped down since they have had no maintenance for years. Too bad since they were 1500-2500 sq ft houses.

^That is why I would buy an entire hood.
Tear it down and build one new house on the entire block.:slight_smile:

Although one problem may be $1,000,000 in back taxes because the lowlifes never paid them.:smash2:

What ever you do, don’t suggest that 60 years of Democrat leadership has anything to do with it. 8 years of Republicans at a national level and people are screaming for change, but 60 years of Democrats in Buffalo and people are screaming for more.

Someone told me about a couple that bought a house stuiped cheap on Bailey Ave in the winter and they fixed it up. But come summer it started to really smell. Come to find out there was a dead person in the attic.

City gave them their money back and demoed the house.

new study:

1 of 4 in buffalo drive NEW LANCER.

some of those neighborhoods would be so nice with normal people living in them http://smiliesftw.com/x/happysad.gif

Who actually owns those houses?
The people that live in them?
I can’t believe they have money to pay rent.