****OFFICIAL RACE GAS THREAD****

Anything and everything about race gas. I’ve been looking locally and surrounding areas for race gas. It seems harder to find than I thought. Post where you can get it and what kind of race gas…C16 E85…etc I’ll update the thread and post it on this first post.

Sunoco racing fuels will last from six months all the way up to a year if stored in the proper containers and not exposed to extreme swings in temperature or direct sunlight. Race gas in general, is very stable, but it can still degrade over long periods of time because of the atmosphere. Over the winter, you want to keep any leftover fuel in an approved metal container.

I took this from a article I read:

Fuel Enemy

Time and sunlight rank as the biggest enemies to a racer’s fuel supply.Gasoline has a limited shelf life, so it’s important to give it propercare.

“Don’t let ultraviolet rays hit the fuel,” said Burns. “It will cause the lead to fall out of the composition. Take some fuel, put it in a jar, and set it in a window. You’ll see how quickly the lead separates from the fuel.”

For that reason, storing fuel in clear containers is never a good idea.Many racing product suppliers sell plastic fuel jugs, usually red or some other opaque color, for storing fuel.

Keeping the fuel fresh also requires using it soon after you acquire it.You cannot expect the fuel you purchased at the beginning of the year to have the same efficiency at the end of the year. The lighter elements of the composition will be gone by the time you get around to using it. The best teams calculate fuel usage and buy accordingly. Fuel should also be kept in sealed containers for obvious reasons and stored in areas not susceptible to moisture. Like the UV rays, temperature can be harmful to a fuel’s efficiency, so a cool storage area is helpful.

Color

Like most fuel manufacturers, the products offered by VP are available in different colors. The color has nothing to do with the performance capability. “We dye it,” Burns said. “It takes one pint of dye for every 25,000 gallons. It was the surgeon general’s idea some time ago. Now, it just helps identify it. You can tell a fuel by its color and smell, and the smell will change at different temperatures.”

C16
Innovative Tuning 716.873.7360(Buffalo)
Lancaster Speed Way 716.759.6818 (Lancaster)
Airport Collision 716.634.0839 (Cheektowaga)
STM 585.730.4314 (Rochester)
NYIRP 585.382.3030 (East Bumfuck)

E85
Sunoco gas station on NFB (Wheatfield)

Methanol
Innovative Tuning 716.873.7360(Buffalo)
STM 585.730.4314 (Rochester)

How much difference in general pricing per gallon may be a good thing to add as well

how much is e85?

E85 was 2.17 when I drove by last week friday

I really like Sunoco race fuel. It’s harder to come by then VP but you can buy it at NYIRP.
They have 110 and 112 in the tanks and Bob had ordered some Maximal which is 116 (R+M/2) methodor 118 research octane. I bought a barrel of that and it works really well. I paid $580 a barrel when I bought it and VP C-16 was $800.

Ever thought of checking out local race tracks?

STM has meth

ever thought about reading the OP

Innovative has meth I believe.

In Rochester you can get E85 at the corner of Calkins and W Henrietta Road (It’s a Fast Trac or something like that).

I have 2 55gallon drums at my house, one is 116oct and one is 100 oct. both sunoco

I’ll see how much is left in the drums…if there is enough i could prob sell it to you guys.

i think the sunoco at transit and seneca has 100.

correct, delta on walden also sells 100 oct.

Doesn’t Delta on Delaware also have 100 octane?

Bought a 55 gal of VP 116 leaded for $525.00 with a $25.00 drum return core this past May. Best deal in mid central NY from what I found. A friend on mine was going to be come a Rocket fuel brand dealer but shipping rates were really high. Also, if anyone has info on 110 unleaded, I would be interested.

VP is available at Pautlers at Broadway and Ransom in lancaster

Right around the corner from me casa :eekdance:

Delta sonic on Ridge rd in Greece has 100

Mobil has E85 on corner of E.henn rd and Jefferson.

WAs 1.99 a gallon 2 weeks ago.

Best place in Buffalo for VP race fuels is Airport collision. Ask for Troy.
Get your Sunoco fuel at NYIRP. It’s the best price around.

what does meth cost around here?

the tracks were not there when I posted. and there is still ransomville, and other dirt tracks. holland most likely as well.

We are the area VP dealer for rochester and can get anything they offer, That is legal in NYS anyhow…

-Em

^^^Emery has great pricing on nitrous too!!