Official Skiing/Snowboarding Meet Thread Winter 06-07!!

from here how long is the cruise to ellicotville anyways?

www.holidayvalley.com

just a click away

haha i know the site and the place. just curious cuz from hornell it was a solid hour-hour and a half drive. assumed from here it was at least an hour.

yahoo! maps, shows about a straight shot for about 50 miles… not too shabby

where are you coming from, it takes me 45 minutes to get there from west seneca

i live on elmwood near downtown

Prob will take you about an hour. Its worth it over KB IMHO

+1 kb blows

sad thing is, ive been to holiday valley numerous times, and i was never that impressed by it all the conditions the dozen + times ive been have always been rather icey… (although can’t say much for swain haha)

Urban on Elmwood (736 Elmwood, kinda across from Spot coffee). $30 for full tune; base grind, edge sharpening and hot wax. and brush water channels. and i de-tune the non-effective edge. and clean everything up a bit

as long as its in good shape (doesnt need p-tex or anything) bring it in on a saturday, and if it’s not crazy busy, I can usually do it right there for you on the spot. takes about 20 minutes.

I wouldn’t be going right away though guys. good way to wreck your board. there’s like no base. I usually wait a few weeks before I get out there.

I can’t go yet anyway, I gave my roommate my Cartels from last season. Just ordered some P1’s in the funniest color (cork) on sunday though (burton pro-form is cheapcheapcheap!). and they’re going on my white and neon green magne-traction, so it should look successfully funny.

i have sundays off and will probably try to ride every one, and also im down for weekdays when I get out of class early

So I just called the holiday valley report (699-2644) and they did infact open today

i cant wait to rock in the poconos. prolly 3 more weeks before i get to go though :tdown:

Yep I mentioned earlier that I indeed have to work tonight. Should be great

i am tentatively toying with the idea of heading down to holiday tomorow night and try to get a little season warm up session in

at least someone else is smart on here…

And ps P1’s rock, I have em in Blue with Silver carbon fiber backings… mmmm
You work at Urban? I live like 200 feet down the road.

yea, I like the p1’s. I rode this year’s p1 last january at the On Snow demo at stratton. I rode the cartels last year, but I like the supercap strap better than the cap strap. Also, my foot is a 10, so Im right on the border of medium and large bindings. larges leave a little room and mediums feel tighter and more connected,s o thats what i’m going with.

im usually not a huge fan of burton (event hough i always ride their boots and bindings cause they’re the best) just cause they’re a huge corporation, and the environment I grew up in kinda went against that (grew up on w. delavan near elmwood, go to school for urban planning, im a skateboarder which is very anti-corporate, etc.) but they’re pro-forms are really great deals.

anyway, i live int he area too, im on ashland and ferry. honk if you see a white e30 coupe with a roof rack

I will be down there from thursday the 14th to sun the 17th. if you are going to be down there pm me and i will give you my # and the address of the place we have. (it went from a fuckin 6 bedroom massive house to a little place, but eh, whatever it is still better than nothing) I also get half price lift tickets that weekend

im going to holiday saturday.Probably at 430 so if you want to come pm me and ill drive

alrighty will do, maybe ill stop in sometime when do you work?

Yea burton has great boots and bindings i have the driver x boots but i ride drake ss bindings i think that drake bindings are better imo but nothing against burton bindings at all i used the cartel’s b4 and they were ok but im so used to the drakes i dont think i could ever switch

Holiday was nice tonight.They had only a couple rails open but it was still a great time