Official: "The apocalypse is near" thread.

[quote=“Nikuk,post:10,topic:36040"”]

russia doesn’t have enough able bodied citizens to fill out a proper ground force. Nor are they that economically viable. ALthough, Vlad is an old school hardliner at heart, nothing will come of it in the near future.

The biggest threat to this country are the white collar kids who will eventually be in positions of importance, but can’t carry a conversation unless its via AIM or texting.

Even then, WNY isn’t at the forefront of any national trends, political, socially, or the like. You’ll be fine here. Its like the town that time forgot.

[/quote]

Russias economy has regained strength based on its sale of energy to it’s neighbors (read price hiking that shit to the moon) which puts it in a larger sphere of influence based on all of the smaller eastern european nations that depend on Russian energy exports. Putin did an amazing job of taking a down and out country and bringing it back to power. Russia has alot more power now than it did at the end of the cold war and still swings a veto on the UN security council which will always keep it as a powerful nation.

Russia has put down the EU and UNs attempt at making Kosovo and independant nation, it will stop a missle defense shield that is to be built in poland and other EE countries.

Russia is losing population because people just aren’t having kids as much. That and alot of emmigration.

The issue of missles in EE has been on going for the last year now. It is just making the news here more and more I would assume because it is getting more tense and it’s a quiet day in the middle east. I read news from all over EE on a daily basis and russia has been complaining about this for a while and was one of the bargaining chips used in striking down independance for Kosovo and siding with Serbia a classic orthodox ally. Condeleeza Rice met with russian ambassodor about 6 months ago about this and Kosovo in brussels at NATO.

Iran is not a threat to the Continental US and wouldn’t be before we become proactive and attack them. Barring any terrorist shit here.

I would worry about tensions with Russia as it looks like the next president most likely to take control is a very very hard liner ex kremlin communist type. Either way general russian views towards the US currently speak of disappointment and frustrations at our actions abroad. They (general public) view us as over stepping our bounds and being greedy.

I would be worried more about China, North Korea and Venezula than Russia. Russia at least plays by the rules…most of the time.

I would worry about living in WNY if you are worried about nuclear annihilation. Like in the lte 80s and 90s there was a reason NF air force base had fighters stationed here. We are a very strategic target as Niagara Falls powers half the eastern sea board.