Official: What are you going to run this year? v.drag race

we rent NYI all the time.

I’ll be doing another track rental this fall. I know a fair amount of you guys made it down last year and had a blast.

Onyx…if you wanted to work together on it I wouldn’t mind throwing your name on it with everything else. I could use some help on the promotion side of things anyways.

I’m prolly going to setup a rental soon. Hopefully it won’t be like the last time that I did… October 14th '06 :redface:

I remember the owner called me that Sat a.m. to see if we were gonna make it, but there was > 1’ of snow on my car. lol.

Oh, and josh:

Motorsports
For legal sanctioned events - SCCA SOLO II, F1, NASCAR (if you are into that sorta thing), etc

Kill Stories
For those runs on Road XXX or your Track stories… We in no way condone illegal street racing. Keep it at the Track!

:wink:

And of all the people that I know that rented the track, none have ever had another group infringe upon them. FWIW.

we never have anyone else but who rents the track there, if other people show up they need to pay to race. If not we usually just rent with another group to keep the costs down.

some of you are full of shit

Lots of low numbers in this thread, I hope people actually get there…

I hope we can do a track day too, I want to race a few people in here, turbociv, psphinx81, MPD47, etc… The problem with me is I don’t know where many of these buffalo cars stack up, so I don’t know who to call out.

We need a frekin greater than thread again. One that is visible to the public, and isn’t completely, 100% unusable!! This way, I could see who I could call out, and move on up. Just saying :slight_smile:

Ideally, this is the first step in knowing where people are going to be at. :wink:

i voted 14+ because as of right now my car still only moves as fast as I can push it. when i get it moving under its own power again, and i get the new gears and blower on, i am hoping for mid-high 13s

mid 13’s with a blower?

My car, I hope to be mid to low 13’s. Just a few bolt ons and a pro tune.

As for my bike, I see a lot of people on stock 600’s running 11.1’s-10.9’s
my bike is modded a bit so I’d like to get down to a 10.8X
I’m not the best at launching, so we’ll see.

for a 600rr… id imagine your first time out you see around 11.3’s depending on your weight and what not… 10.9 is a good goal for that bike though :tup:

10.00-10.7 since well that is what it already runs. Some of you guys are going to have really hurt feelings. It takes a lot more then just some opwer to get the et’s some of you are shooting for. At the end of this season I might up the shot and make a run at 9.99 but staying 6-sp I just don’t see it happening.

lol, can we get a track day sooner then fall? Im super anxious. Ill have to go to the track with my AAA card all by myself i guess.:lol:

Yea, you’re not the only one. However… there are very few people that are actually ready to go now. I’m not gonna front the money and only have 5 people show. lol

well, can we get a list going maybe with deposits and a poll for the date? i just ordered my tires today so i should be ready. i know alot of other guys are ready to, and then the list will continue to grow as more people sign up.:slight_smile:

I ran an 11.4 with my 03 r6 all stock 1st time.
my cbr is an 04… power commander and full exhaust/ race intake and a larger rear sprocket/smaller front (+1 -1)
I hope I can get a few tenths off that time on the new one

I cant wait to hit the track :tup:

I’m hoping to run low 11’s this year. Last season I hit as low as 11.7 so this year with a bigger turbo, injectors, tranny w/a brake, higher stall converter, taller MT DR’s + a couple other little things. The main thing slowing me down is the bottle neck, stock intercooler. I was told its almost impossible to run faster than 11.5 with it. Guess I gotta use my $600.00 check from George W to make it happen.
My main goal this year is to get air between my front tires & the track! Sooooo close last year with a 1.59 60 ft time, almost pulled the l/f but not quite…If I can get that with a pic to prove it, I’d be a happy man.

There’s no category for me, should run a 9.5, 9.6 out of the box @ the MOM’S Race May 18, & get down to low 9’s by the middle of June:skunk:

14s if im lucky.