Oh no, maybe chevy is starting to get it

Diesel Chevy Cruise in 2013 MY

Now they just need to put this motor into a small truck or SUV

I sure hope it takes off. I’m afraid the masses won’t accept it though.

Fuck if that things cheap I’ll buy one used for a daily.

Obviously a diesel VW would be a nicer quality car, but at the same time the parts and reliability make a huge factor to stay gm. Nothing like cheap diesel parts!

<3 all the future diesel swaps that will be possible.

My dad works for GM and he mentioned a rumor a while ago about them trying to get into the diesel market. Hopefully they come through.

I love diesel, this would be perfect.

Really? The new Jetta seems kind of shitty.

I had a 2011 VW Jetta 2.5SE as a rental a couple weeks ago. It reminded me of an early 90’s J-body. Both the interior and the drivetrain.

GM has had designs for various small diesels in the recent past, they just never seem to get off the ground with the US market. I kinda hope they just throw a couple out there and let people realize how great having a diesel really is.

IDC what you think VW interiors > GM ones. Especially the older ones.

colorado

I gotta admit i have been very pleased and impressed with my cruise. (other than the horrible name).

They have been using this motor over seas for a few years and it has had a rather large amount of problems. Lets hope they have it all figured out by the time it gets here.

I don’t think the American public will ignore this with the expected rise in fuel costs in the next few years. Although they would really have to do better than 34 mpg like their Aussie counterpart.

I bet it will be extremely overpriced. Doesn’t the cruze currently top out at around $26,000? I would never pay that much for a compact chevy.

Why is it the American market is so reluctant to accept diesel, like the European market does.

But right now, diesel is more expensive than gas.

unlikely that GM is “getting it” considering I am starting to see commercials for a 6-speed turbocharged Buick…Yeah GM, that’s exactly what my grandmother wants.

They’re trying to get people other than your grandmother interested in Buick, so I think they are getting it. But we get it, you hate any American car and will bash them regardless of what they do.

:tup: to the diesel. Not sure if will catch on here like it has in Europe without higher taxes on gasoline to drive people to diesel like in Europe.

For the same reasons we don’t use more nuclear power…

http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Uploads/Graphics/149-0111082333-Tree-Hugging-Hippies-Posters.jpg

We’re all idiots when it comes to reasoning.

Some really good reading on gas vs diesel.

Big gov’t, hippies and everyone having a personal agenda instead of looking out for what’s best and makes sense for the greater good.

To be honest, I don’t see the point in Buick (as a brand) at all. They already have Cadillac as a luxury brand. So who the hell does Buick appeal to? Who is their target demographic for the 2011 regal? Maybe it’s a conversation for another thread, but it’s the most vague brand on the planet.

On the subject of the diesel, I think it’s great. However, just about every diesel vehicle sold in the US is way more expensive than it’s gasoline counterpart, completely negating any MPG savings anyways…