ohhhh Sh*t

You guys catch this crack down on JDM vehicles?..Not good, not good at all. While it mostly affects you Skyline guys, the Silvia owners should feel it too.

http://www.qp.gov.ab.ca/documents/Regs/2002_322.cfm?frm_isbn=0779717090

A great site looking at the actual implications of this is

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/viewtopic.php?t=7324&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Fuck, right as i need to get another car this shit happens. :roll:

Actually this is nothing really new, other than the gov’t is gonna start cracking down. The main reason why we never had Silvia S13’s here (I don’t know about skylines though) was because the headlights sat too low in comparison to the rest of the car. They did not meet the SAE Specifications for headlight height which is why they are cracking down. If they didn’t meet specs then they certainly won’t 15 years later. Oh well, maybe this will make Silvias worth like 30 grand and GTR’s 60. Sounds like a good investment to me! lol

Basically they’re just nitpicking about the aiming of the headlights and placement of sidemarkers because the imported cars are taking such a big piece of the market and that means certain people/firms aren’t making as much money as they’d like :roll:

From what I’ve read, all of these stipulations are pre-existing. The only difference is they’re being stricter but they’re all fairly easy to satisfy, it just makes things more expensive.

B-Wurm :smiley:

^yeah thats what i think too but it just sucks for the rest of the guys who dont have their cars in the country yet and still have to get the OOP. Oh well…

yeah my friend dana said he is having trouble with his new cars coming in

yes they are crackin down! Cars will not be as cheap to get oopd anymore. Compliance here we come! Another 4-5 years I say before we are totally capped!

I know it is a pain in the ass, but it really is not a big deal. Its not hard to ghetto mod the car to make it comply, and then just tear that stuff off after the inspection. No one will know the better, then you can just throw it back on if you ever get another inspection notice. If nothing else, i hope it discourages a lot of the posers and bandwagon jumpers from buying these cars, to the real enthusiasts its not a big deal.

my thoughts exactly. it will help filter the posers out while the true jdm lovers will just simply make a little mod and its done.

It’s good in a way. We need the cars to go back up in price if you ask me. Far too many beaters getting imported.