Oil Change Question...

I think I know the answer but I thought I would run this by you guys to get an opinion.

My friend has a 1996 Saturn…think it’s an SC2 or something close. The car has 120,xxx on the odometer and burns oil. In fact, he probably goes through 1-2 quarts per month. Question is…should he even bother to do an oil change? He would be dumping out the new oil he repleneshes anyways right? I would probably replace the filter every 6K miles and say hell with an oil change. Opinions?

RESTORE

Pick it up just about anywhere

Change the oil anyway. All the sludge and shit stays in there, it doesn’t get burnt off.

Or, buy my SOHC engine and put it in. Doesn’t burn oil.

[quote=“Schema,post:2,topic:37580"”]

RESTORE

Pick it up just about anywhere

[/quote]

Is this good?

is there a product that will “flush” the oil pan and shit out of the motor? If so, is it worth it and whats it called?

Restore is more of a band aid. I’ve seen it used on cars that can smoke out a neighborhood and have it run clean shortly after using it. It coats the internals and will patch any small leaks. Just pour it in with the oil

Edit: is the car burning oil (black smoke/soot) or is it leaking oil?

A lot of times on saturns its valve seals…

Change the oil…

[quote=“Schema,post:6,topic:37580"”]

Restore is more of a band aid. I’ve seen it used on cars that can smoke out a neighborhood and have it run clean shortly after using it. It coats the internals and will patch any small leaks. Just pour it in with the oil

Edit: is the car burning oil (black smoke/soot) or is it leaking oil?

[/quote]

It’s kind of funny. The car doesnt leak but there really is no smoke either. I think he used 10w 30 also

on my saturn it burned a lot of oil. i had to add some about every other week but i still changed the oil cause it was black all the time

Why not do a compression test and leak down and see whats going on first. Its a saturn isn’t everything up front and easy to get to?

I would change it regularly just in case, its worth it especially with the winter comming so you arent s.o.l. on the side of the road

[quote=“Schema,post:6,topic:37580"”]

[/quote]

DO NOT USE THIS SHIT IT LIKES TO CLOG OIL PASSAGES

I had a huge pressure build up in my valve covers because of this crap

That restore shit is sweet, a friend of mine used it and when his engine threw a rod, the oil caught on fire and burned the whole thing to the ground. :tup: :tup: highly recommended.

x…

[quote=“Xander,post:13,topic:37580"”]

That restore shit is sweet, a friend of mine used it and when his engine threw a rod, the oil caught on fire and burned the whole thing to the ground. :tup: :tup: highly recommended.

x…

[/quote]

lol, c’mon now. That’s like saying you threw a rod, gas caught fire, and it’s the gas stations fault. Your friends car trouble runs deeper than an oil additive buddy :roll:

I’m not condoning the usage of anything, but, read around, it works, it’s cheap, and if your car is on it’s way out, $7 will buy you plenty more miles

[quote=“Xander,post:13,topic:37580"”]

x…

[/quote]

LOL…WTF?? So use it or dont use it ?

^ It’s a lubricant, I guarantee the oil you use everyday is more flammable then this stuff. I wouldn’t even put it past me to see that it’s non-flammable to begin with.

[quote=“Marcus,post:15,topic:37580"”]

LOL…WTF?? So use it or dont use it ?

[/quote]

Make sure you have Fire coverage, and use it! :tup:

x…

[quote=“Xander,post:17,topic:37580"”]

Make sure you have Fire coverage, and use it! :tup:

x…

[/quote]

Just don’t “rust proof with it!” Hee Hee.

i go through about a quart a tank in the honda…i just keep adding it when the oil light goes on (signifying there’s no oil at all left in the car)…the last time i actually changed the oil properly with new filter and such, was when i bought it last december…

runs like a champ!

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:7,topic:37580"”]

A lot of times on saturns its valve seals…

Change the oil…

[/quote]

+1 it still has 100K left or you could spend 100 bucks and put new valve seal in…