oil leak

hey guys,

first of all i just wanna say i love this forum, been lurking for awhile, a little over a year im sure, and i have learn alot on here, so thanks for that.

now onto the problem. i bought a 90 240sx hatch from a guy for 800$ canadian.

well when i got it home after driving it about 70 miles, i realized i had no turn signals, on the highway i saw the speedo and tach dont work on the cluster. but all the other gauges work as do the lights. oh and lets not forget the wicked tranny shake, holy crap i thought it was going to drop right onto the highway. but i think the mount might be broke, so ill check into that. also she has avery rust spots along with a snapped pass frame rail right after under the passenger foot well. but thats all besides the problem for roght now i know what i have to do to fix all the above small issues, im starting on them tomorrow when i trailer the car to my dads shop outside of town.

ok so i have an oil leak somewheres, its infront of the vavle cover, down the front of the motor, on the belts, and on the rad support.
now im going to start with that, i wanna know where its coming from.
im thinking i should pull the vavle cover, front cover and check and pull the pan too. he said the pan had a very small leak, he told me he drove it for over a year and 6 month ago it started a small leak of oil, like a liter a month.

now i wanna pull them covers and the pan to check them for damage and cracks, but when i go to put them back on can i use RVT on them or do i need to buy new gaskets?

so anyways, i bored you all with this long story when all i needed to know was if i can use RVT to seal the covers and pan instead of using new nissan gaskets. im sure i can on the pan, maybe the vavle cover, but the front cover im not sure about and i dont wanna F*&^ it up you know.

well thanks for reading and i look forward to your help.

Rob

PS- just incase your thinking it, NO i am not some kid who wants to be a drifter, cuz i am not, i wanna race autocross and roadrace. might grab a open diff and weld it and swap it in for diff days, but thats about it.

oh and another thing, when i do pull the front covers off, should i replace the crank pulley seal and oil seal while im in there, even if they look good?

i figure they would be cheap enough at the dealers, and im doing the work about 45 mins away, so if they have them for cheap enough, should i buy them just in case?

motor has something like 170k on her, and its a SOHC also i should mention.

just thought i would ask this also

if anyone has any answers i would be very thanksful, im trying to track down a copy of FSM so i can use it for stuff like this, but no luck so far

Rob