oil pressure gauge

where do you tap into for the oil pressure gauge. Auotmeter gives you an american fitting that fits nowhere on my 1g. I know somehere knows where to tap it into. thanks

where are you putting the gauge at?

the gauge is going in the car. autometer gives u an american fitting but under the hood i dont know where it fits or where to tap it into

im not sure where… i never put in mine bc my friend made a good point of if a line breaks or the gauge, now i have hot oil in the car…

As long as its a electric oil pressure gauge you dont have to worry about oil, just hook up the sending unit somewhere in the line and run the wire to the gauge. I tapped my sending unit for my gauge right into the block where the stock oil pressure sending unit was…you can prob find where thats at for your dsm in a chilton or helms manual for your car…if the american thread on the gauge doesnt match up to your car its prob 1/8 bpt like it was for my honda

Try this:

http://www.inlinefour.com/gredoilfilbl.html

10 times easier than having to tap anything. It’s as simple as changing your oil.

Also, I have one of these for sale, not sure if it would fit your car or not, but I bought one and then decided to actually put the sensor into the block because I lost the seal for this, and then I found it again after I installed it.

Mine’s for a subaru though, the fitment probably wouldn’t be correct.

sometimes you need to get a adapter to make it fit the thread size on the block

Mine came with a few adapters. Plus if you lose the gasket just take a honda oil filter gasket, turn it upside down, and it works better than the one that came with the GReddy.