oil pressure hook up oil send.

whats the cheapest/easiest way to rig up oil pressure guage for turbo oil send? would any of those cheap mechanical guages at say harbor freight be able to work? Just planning on uses a brass T, something under the hood to look at. Thanks

lowes or home depot . it is a pipe thread man . just make it

i tend to second thought myself when shit seems too easy. so its seems i can just buy any 1-100 psi guage and slap it together.

yeah , id use the copper tubing instead of the nylon as it is stronger and less prone to chafin and leaking

ill hunt around tomororw, thanks for the help.

You could T it no problem, but dont get a shitty harbor freight gauge. thats lame as shit. its a car not a chineese air compressor. Spend the $50 on a automotive oil pressure gauge and do it right.

Also double check the thread type on your oil lines in the car already, make sure they are correct.

wasnt sure if i was going to make it permanent or not, thats why i was thinking something cheap. heres the problem. i attempted to rebuild the turbo and it blew oil out the back seal on the second start up. All seemed good at first, im even running a scavenge pump. Just wanted to make sure im not exceeding 70 psi into the turbo without a restrictor because that would blow the seal too… but im almost possitive its the turbo itself.

gotcha. Depending on the oil temp, the pressure will change. example. cold 60F oil temp at idle my car was around 51psi, it would hit 100psi around 4K while cold (thats why you never beat on your car until its DEF up to temp) Once the oil was around 190-210F ilde psi was 20-22 and redline it wouldnt go over 95Psi.

just food for thought.

If your turbo requires a restrictor, you need to run it.

thanks for the input. I never beat on the car cold mostly for the engines sake but yea im sure it would start blowin. i know holsets dont run restrictors , im not positive but i doubt my little v6 puts out more oil psi than a cummins. Also i would think the size of the line without a restrictor would have a little to do with the amount of psi entering the turbo as well.;