Oil rig blows up, gas prices follow trend?

it’s not cheaper. it costs us as taxpayers more money, and it’s very inefficient and it’s destroying the environment.

1. Don’t be DUMB. You were just wining about the fact people actually give a fuck about oil prices.

2. It IS cheaper. I pay taxes AND buy gas. Don’t be a RETARD.

3. I make more HP so fuck the environment. not like I drive the car everyday. Not to mention its way safer to run than 93 on a FI car.

There is regulation on it PJB. It’s called supply/demand.

/facepalm

No, no we couldn’t.

I don’t think we could do it in 6 years even.

Fuck E85! I’ll stick to regular 87 :lmao

It isn’t cheaper, we as a whole country pay subsides for farmers to grow crap corn. If we didn’t pay these commerical type farmers a ton of money, corn wouldn’t be produced due to the imposed market price by the government.

It costs 1 gal of gas to produce a little under 1.5 gallons of E85, and that’s before we pay our taxes to make it. There are other bio-fuels that would be cheaper to produce:

----------------------energy balance - gallons per acre - CO2 lbs/gal

Corn Ethanol---------- --1 - 1.5 ------------ 350------------- 16.2
Sugarcane Ethanol----- -1 - 8 --------------675 --------------9.0
Cellulosic Ethanol------- -1 - 30 ------------1,150------------- 1.9
Algae------------------- 1 - 3.5----------- 5,000 --------------0

Don’t be a retard that doesn’t care about the enviroment.

And yes, SlackJ94 we could get rid of our dependency on foreign oil very easily. We need to invest more into wind and hydro power technologies.

Also, we get most of our gas from Canada everybody. 18% of imported oil comes from them, 11% from Saudi Arabia.

Where are you getting your information from?

ok so what are the effective octane ratings of said above fuels. show me a performance improvement for cheaper than what e85 costs now and i’ll bite.

also are you taking into account on what we currently pay IN TAXES for a gallon of gas? both state and federal?

and again… i don’t see how e-85 isn’t cheaper than reg gas.

I think Wayne’s point is on a consumer level its cheaper since he’s paying his taxes either way.

And yes, SlackJ94 we could get rid of our dependency on foreign oil very easily. We need to invest more into wind and hydro power technologies.

Also, we get most of our gas from Canada everybody. 18% of imported oil comes from them, 11% from Saudi Arabia.

If it was that easy, we’d have already done it. The reality is oil is still the most cost effective means of producing energy we’ve got.

This sums up the whole argument and will be true for a least a few more decades or until oil supplies become so low that it is no longer affordable.

You will continue to see companies creating hybrid products but they will stay just that. Hybrid.

So you think it’ll take only 6 months replace every gas only burning car in the nation? That alone will take a decade or more. Suitable land and rivers need to be found for wind farms and hyrdo-electric plants (which includes politics, so double the length of time it takes just to find these areas to account for the government acquiring the needed paperwork). New refineries need to be build and old ones re-purposed to create whatever new oil substitute we come up with. Which reminds me, we need to invent said substitute still. And money to fund all that has to come from somewhere.

I agree with you that more needs to be done to lessen our dependence on oil, but you haven’t the slightest clue as to how much work needs to be done and how much money needs to be spend to even come close to having zero dependence on foreign oil.

I think a good start would be to drill for oil in Alaska. It’s tundra up there, barely anything lives where they want to drill.

And do what exactly, put hydro- and wind turbines on cars?
Most of electricity in the country is generated from coal and always has, second comes gas and nuclear, oil accounts for a tiny percentage.
You’d have to cover the entire coast and every scrap of land with hydro- and wind farms to generate that much power and you can’t produce wind and waves on demand.

Depends how you look at it I suppose, if by energy, your not including raw fuel to move vehicles, sure coal, gas and nuclear takes the cake.

Bottom line is we need to drill. More. And not to pay billions to countries like Brazil to explore, which is a huge gift from us taxpayers that people arent even aware of.

E85 is a loser idea in a big economic overview.

E85 = HP. for everyday people that suck ass at driving, E85 is not the answer.