OK, how about this as the basis...

OK, what would you think of this as the basis of a boost motor: I know it’s an LS and will require ARP fasteners.

B18B 94-01 (LS) Complete Change Over
142Hp 127Trq 9.2 Compression (USDM)
$ 2200.00 plus shipping and handling.
Availability: In stock and ready to go.

• Motor
  • Hydraulic Tranny (Y80, S80)
  • ECU (P75)
  • Axles
  • Shift Linkage
  • Stock Motor Mounts *
  • Alternator
  • Starter
  • Clutch
  • Flywheel
  • Intake Manifold
  • Exhaust Manifold
  • Fuel Rail
  • Injectors
  • Distributor
  • Engine Harness
  • Comes With All Sensors Needed

Motors average 35,000 miles and come with a 100% start up warranty. All Sensors are guaranteed not broken and in working condition!

• Please Note: also available is the Hasport High Horsepower upgraded motor mount kit for $300.

I still cant imagine a guy wearing flannel driving a boosted civic your going to need to buy girls pants and razor blades.
Otherwise sounds like a good deal to me.

sounds good. How much is the freight shipping going to be and wheres it comming from?

Dunno yet. Might drive out and pick it up depending upon how close.

There’s also this one:

B18C 94-97 (GSR) Complete Change Over
180Hp 126Trq 10.6 Compression (JDM)
170Hp 121Trq 10.1 Compression (USDM)
$ 3149.00 Plus shipping and handling.
Availability: In stock and ready to go.

• Motor
  • Hydraulic Tranny (S80, Y80)
  • ECU (P72)
  • Axles with Half Shaft
  • Shift Linkage
  • Stock Motor Mounts *
  • Alternator
  • Starter
  • Clutch
  • Flywheel
  • Intake Manifold
  • Exhaust Manifold
  • Fuel Rail
  • Injectors
  • Distributor
  • Engine Harness
  • Comes With All Sensors Needed
  • LSD Tranny (Optional +$300)

Motors average 35,000 miles and come with a 100% start up warranty. All Sensors are guaranteed not broken and in working condition!

• Please Note: We now offer the Hasport Hydraulic tranny to cable car conversion kit for $400. Also available is the Hasport High Horsepower upgraded motor mount kit for $300.

did you happen to talk to hybrid yet about prices? I know they have vendors that they deal with for getting motors. Might change some of the deals up.

Not yet…still just trying to narrow it down to either B18 with an LS VTEC or GSR VTEC. When I decide exactly what I want, I’ll shop around some with this info in hand. This site (above) has all kinds of motors, and seems to back up their stuff as “will start and run”.

I have a entire ls swap down to the ecu axles harness mounts

and so on,

just over 100k looken to get 1200 for everything!

the head is off the swap if you wanna take a look-see

the first one listed does not have veetack

That’s why I was thinking of the GSR motor (second one posted). For the price difference, that’s like what it would cost to source a VTEC head and solenoid and whatnot. And the GSR motor has an LSD option…which is something I’d want. I’m thinking the GSR is the clear cut winner of these two choices.

+300 diff
+200 ship
vs
its your call, I learned my lesson buying an h22 when i was 17 for around that 3600 price…id never do it agian for all the right reasons

are you staying all motor or going boost

boost

what kind of power are you looking for?

i was feeling the gsr swap due to the fact that, getting the gsr head and all the other little nickel and dime things, linkage, dizzy, etc. he plans on sleeving a block, i have an ls block i can sell him cheap and in return he could sell the gsr block and get some money back, he is going big boost and wanting to do four stage boost controller and the gsr tranny would be better option for that reason opposed to the ls tranny…

idk i was looking at the fact that it would be easier maybe cheaper to buy a whole swap instead of trying to piece everything together

we found the gsr swap from somewhere else that was 2700 + 300 with lsd option+300 for hasport mounts= 3300 total, and i believe that was from new jersey

joe is that ls swap you have obd 1 or 2? where did it come from?

and he is looking really big power atleast 500+

Yes, I’d like to thump > 500 hp at wheels.

in all honesty you should think about buying everything that you want seperately. if you buy either swap your gonna have to built them up or replace with different kind of parts anyways. with the ls you’ll have to buy a head, beef up the bottom end, and you’d prob be better off with a gsr trans. with the gsr you’ll have to beef up the bottom end (lower compression), put in an aftermarket lsd as the factory one will shit the bed quickly at that kinda power level.
my advise would be to pick up any B18 shortblock, sleeve it and stuff it with forged internals. pick up a gsr or B16 head and slap it on. i would run with a gsr trans and slap in a quife lsd. after you pick up those parts you’d prob only be alittle more then what they want for the gsr swap. you’d still have to pick up alot of little stuff to complete the swap, but it is all common stuff and you can find it all local.
in the end you’d be ready to throw some serious boost at it and will be able to eclipse the 500 mark easily (with the right turbo and fuel set-ups and ems). good luck, research as much as you can and ask questions if you have any. later man.

:cool: thanks!

I figure with the GSR it’s going to be less hassle. I get Quaife and GSR trans ratio and less hassle on parts?

you better read his post agian!!!

thanks toby

you better watch out not to go too short of those gears!
or the 5th gear shift will be in your near future!

if you are going for over 500 hp why buy something that is new and garenteed because you are going to have to have it sleeved and get new pistons and rods and a shit load more i would try to find a blown up one for alot less money