Ok, I quit drinking...now what?

DUDE, don’t quit drinking. It’s too hard to start back up. Sure you get more done throughout your day but… just don’t quit. I quit about 1 1/2 - 2 years ago and I think I ruined drinking for myself (which is a real problem because I’m not into any other types of drugs) Now when I go to drink I always only have like 2-4 beers and then it just makes me tired and I can’t finish the job. Then I wake up with a fucking headache after not even getting a good buzz. WTF?

I’m 26 and I’ve slowed down a ton in the past few years.

I drink a few beers, because I like the taste of beer.

I forget the last time I’ve bought multiple cases of cheapass keystone or something just to get shitfaced with buddies.

I like to be functional the next morning, lol.

haha ya exactly.

i love rare beers and unique ones so if I go out when I travel for dinner, I will have one that I have never tried but over all. the nights i go out to bars just to drink and pound blue lights and shit is over.

I am 23 and my girlfriend is 21 and i see her going through the same phase i went through with drinking how it just gets old.

yeah, I used to be a sucker for peer pressure. I always liked to try different things to see what it was like. That got me addicted to pot and had me trying all sorts of drugs. One day I decided to just to quit the drugs. Learned that saying no really is not all that hard, but it does take dedication, and you have to brush off a lot of shit. Since I stopped, I stopped getting phone calls from a lot of friends. Nobody wanted to hang out with me since I didn’t wanna smoke. Same thing happens with drinking buddies. Nobody wants to hang out unless you want to get shitfaced and scream incoherently in loud places.

It is nice to see that other people(my age) feel this way and are making those changes in their lives.

Well thats good to hear man, Im glad you chose the road less traveled by people our age. Keep up the good work man, :bigclap:

ive slowed down a whole lot in the last year or so (since i met my gf) it used to be every night i would go out and get shitty somewhere, now its only on the weekends. and i dont even drink that much on the weekends anymore, maybe a 12 pack a night or like a 1/2 liter of rum/gin/whiskey instead of a lot more

man. im sure there are some people out there who would be wrecked if they drank how much i drink. and i “cut down”

same thing goes for all of my old friends who i dont talk to anymore after i quit smoking weed. now im hearing theyre all into fucking heroin and shit. one actually called me a few days ago out of nowhere, i hadnt talked to him in years. he sounded like a wreck.

fucked up

mmorpg.

i would suggest just slowing down when you drink, and change your mindset when you go to the bar, you dont need to completely stop drinking, just slow your pace down and just relax instead of getting completely hammered

I’ll never quit drinking. The whole “lay in bed all day hangover Sunday” thing is something I try to avoid though. If I just buy a 6 pack of decent beer, thats less likely to happen. Moderation. It’s easier with beer than liquor. But being the only person not drinking in a social situation is miserable for me, I don’t know why, I just get irritable and want to leave.

WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!
:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Did you leave your computer on and someone is on your name?

cky89 said the thread needed a pole. That’s a pole!

Would you prefer this kind of pole?

I LOVE that pole.

I dont care about the pole…I am talking about you not drinking. I thought I had died.

I have a lot of friends caught up in coke and pain killers back at home

its pretty bad. I’ve seen some good people get serously addicted to drugs/alcohol. You’re lucky to have a g/f who probably helped you slow down. Most guys won’t admit it, but having a g/f really helps control drinking/drugs usually.

sorry,
stupid double post

The only time i really drink anymore is whenever my friends from Canada come down for the weekend. Even than it’s a small ammount. If i go to cruise night or a bar or whatever i might have a beer but thats about it. Let your friends rag on you all they want man, but ultimately at the end of the night your the one thats gone cash in on all the broads they scared away with their slurring, and lack of druel retention skill. But really. i was at a small get togeather about a year ago, and this girl came up to me and asked how i could have fun without drinking. Wasnt really sure what to say so I just told her that i have fun everywhere i go, and dont need booze to do so. Kinda a pointless story but it allways makes me laugh for some reason.

Good for you though man. Keep it up. you wont regret it.

Im with you there dude, Again I agree 100%

Hard for me to chime in on such a topic, considering in my 34 years I’ve never drank, but I have to agree that nearly all social events seem to involve drinking. However, what you’re describing sounds to me like you are used to socializing where drinking IS the event. I suppose I should say that drinking is most of the event, usually the other motive is to find a mate.

Just be strong in your decision, and true to yourself. If you haven’t sworn it off completely, limit yourself to ONE social drink for every TWO hours you’re out. Space the alcoholic drinks out with a soft drink or two (also known as “pop” in Buffalo). It’s YOUR body and YOUR life.

If your friends can’t feel comfortable getting shit-faced and making fools out of themselves while you drink responsibly (and probably score more frequently with the desired mates), then that’s something they need to work out for themselves.