Ok, there is plenty of IT people here... get in and vent

Rubicant I thought Premcom was the only Shortel installer locally?

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:9,topic:36866"”]

Awd if you need help working your new “computer” let me know.

[/quote]

nice pic.

when people leave our place they get a gold painted transducer.
when our systems engineer left (90% labview, 90% of the time)

i painted a gold laptop for him. (i got it from a ubarfer IIRc)
he bitched about having to recycle the battery :lol:
he works for viewpoint now. :frowning:

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:21,topic:36866"”]

Rubicant I thought Premcom was the only Shortel installer locally?

[/quote]

This guy came from Premcom…

Calling for computer help when they aren’t anywhere near their computer always gets me…

[quote=“ILCisDEAD,post:3,topic:36866"”]

Working with a dumb fucking coworker named tom who doesn’t know his ass on the ground and I can’t properly vent since he is an active member on this board…

:slight_smile:

[/quote]

you are obviously just mad that I know more about computers then you do. Its okay, someday you will catch up :wink:

^Typical computer geek response, “I know more than you”.:wink:

god I hate IT, they are useless…

ohh god i dont have enough room to type all the morons i deal with.

[quote=“JayS,post:12,topic:36866"”]

I’m just glad I’m back at a small company again. At big corporate places as a software engineer you always feel like you’re fighting against IT.

Me: “I need access to this server to do my job”.
IT: “Well, why exactly”.
Me: “Complicated programming explanation
IT: "Uhhh… I’ll need to get with my manager.
Me: “Fuck it, I’ll just tell the customer we can’t do it”.

[/quote]

lol same here… drives us nuts

[quote=“RuBiCaNT,post:23,topic:36866"”]

This guy came from Premcom…

[/quote]

What’s his name? Also just because you talked to two customers that hated their’s does not mean that it is not good.

Shoretel is an awesome phone system, especially for the cost compared to other big names. I am a huge shoretel supporter and always will be I think. They are still relatively small, so they take customer feedback and implement changes. Also I doubt you’ll find an easier system to administer.

I wish they had a bit cooler of phones but they’re not bad, and the system has tons of features, and super simple solid redundancy.

My only complaint is I want to become a shoretel direct partner so we can get support directly from them… premcom has gotten a bit bigger and has not grown with it that well. Also the only guy that I really had a ton of respect for passed away from brain cancer :frowning:

[quote=“Dr.Stevil,post:29,topic:36866"”]

lol same here… drives us nuts

[/quote]

double edged sword. I bet you guys are super touchy about anyone getting access to your shit right ? so I bet you’d like people to not just willy nilly give access out.

also if anyone ever called and said they needed access to something without documenting it I would laugh at them, hello, paging sarbanes-oxley

edit: also I’d much rather have some bitchy engineer belly ache to me about how they need to get their job done than have an engineering supervisor or director flip out because someone got access to a project they shouldn’t have. it’s called s-e-c-u-r-i-t-y for a reason.

edit x2: ok back to making fun of people :smiley:

[quote=“chino,post:30,topic:36866"”]

What’s his name? Also just because you talked to two customers that hated their’s does not mean that it is not good.

Shoretel is an awesome phone system, especially for the cost compared to other big names. I am a huge shoretel supporter and always will be I think. They are still relatively small, so they take customer feedback and implement changes. Also I doubt you’ll find an easier system to administer.

I wish they had a bit cooler of phones but they’re not bad, and the system has tons of features, and super simple solid redundancy.

My only complaint is I want to become a shoretel direct partner so we can get support directly from them… premcom has gotten a bit bigger and has not grown with it that well. Also the only guy that I really had a ton of respect for passed away from brain cancer :frowning:

[/quote]

Shoretel is sweet…Except for the fact their contact center does not run on Citrix…and we were planning on converting the 30 users who use contact center to Citrix…

All though the previous IT person speced this so its not my fault.

Them: My computer won’t turn on.
Me: Did you press the power button?
Them: Yes.
Me: The one on the computer and not the screen?
Them: Of course.

I walk into the room, slowly and deliberately reach to press the power button. The computer magically turns on. I stare them in the eye, turn around and go back to my office.

It happens once a month.

[quote=“chino,post:31,topic:36866"”]

double edged sword. I bet you guys are super touchy about anyone getting access to your shit right ? so I bet you’d like people to not just willy nilly give access out.

also if anyone ever called and said they needed access to something without documenting it I would laugh at them, hello, paging sarbanes-oxley

edit: also I’d much rather have some bitchy engineer belly ache to me about how they need to get their job done than have an engineering supervisor or director flip out because someone got access to a project they shouldn’t have. it’s called s-e-c-u-r-i-t-y for a reason.

edit x2: ok back to making fun of people :smiley:

[/quote]

is it bad when you have to tell the CFO, that anyone running XP or with 1/10th a clue can access the Finance folder on a server?
not like i needed everyones wages and personal info.

[quote=“chino,post:30,topic:36866"”]

[/quote]

we have also had something like that offered to us, but the man dave who runs this place went with the cisco systems phones the same type ones in 24, and believe it or not the ring tones for the phones are exactly the same, although configuring the extensions was kind of awkward since they just sent everything out and no instructions and no rep to tell/show us how to do anything with their phones.

anyone here have alot of experience with the poweredge line from dell?
well ended up getting the lower end servers i think, wanted to know what is good from dell server wise since we are a new company just starting out.

I can’t stand when my company’s field Analysts call me dropping our CEO’s name on all kinds of stuff but don’t even understand the problem in front of them so I’m no use except for them to vent about how they’re being watched. me: “what can I do for you again?”

[quote=“JDMAllstars,post:35,topic:36866"”]

well ended up getting the lower end servers i think, wanted to know what is good from dell server wise since we are a new company just starting out.

[/quote]

Dell stuff is easy what do you need?

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:32,topic:36866"”]

Shoretel is sweet…Except for the fact their contact center does not run on Citrix…and we were planning on converting the 30 users who use contact center to Citrix…

All though the previous IT person speced this so its not my fault.

[/quote]

fairly certain there is a patch for that btw. on version 6.1

i had to run it for our terminal server

[quote=“JDMAllstars,post:35,topic:36866"”]

we have also had something like that offered to us, but the man dave who runs this place went with the cisco systems phones the same type ones in 24, and believe it or not the ring tones for the phones are exactly the same, although configuring the extensions was kind of awkward since they just sent everything out and no instructions and no rep to tell/show us how to do anything with their phones.

[/quote]

Dell will probably check your credit, you get DO get charged late fees if you don’t pay them. Also it goes on your credit, not like private sellers. Might want to consider something else.

anything poweredge… lets see we are using poweredge SC1430’s
id like for us to get something, well better then these.

we do alot of business thru ebay and amazon so our internal stuff has to be up to par
we also do alot for wal-mart as well

My credit is good, this would be going on the company’s dell account.