ok wtf is going on another fatal motorcycle accident

Touché

It doesn’t matter how much experience you have, if you are going to speed your chances of death on a public road go up ALOT, we all know how shitty the NYS roads are with potholes, bumps and uneven pavement, hitting any of those at a high speed isn’t going to end well whether you have been riding for 10 min or 10 years. The only thing the experienced rider has is a slight chance of recovery if he has a minor head shake, other then that pretty much game over.

One thing is even with all these wrecks I will still continue to ride, but I will also ride in my comfort zone, most of these kids are the same ones who speed while weaving in and out traffic because they think they’re cool and invincible. Either way it always sucks to hear about a down rider but it doesn’t matter how many go down it won’t change the way people ride, age + maturity will.

Great. I’m looking foward to getting a text from my gf’s mother. Every death on a bike I get a text asking when I’m selling my bike. I hate seeing all of these deaths it’s sad. And I agree with Greg. Anytime I ride I ride in my comfort zone. Even when I’m with experienced riders I know my limits and don’t try and keep up with them.

Saw this too, looked like a V-rod or something.

This guy was 39.

http://capitalregion.ynn.com/content/top_stories/553118/man-killed-in-motorcycle-crash/

This is really sad, some of these could have been avoided. As aforementioned, the roadways are not a race track, they are not well maintained, and they are not full of people looking out for you. My father has been riding motorcycles for almost 40 years and even he is saying how absolutely horrendous it is to ride his bikes now. The public roadways are getting worse, and there’s no way to stop it.

should make a sticky ‘thread of the dead’ or something, keep a running tally on the OP and only unlock it for a few weeks after a death. a reminder to all the fool-hearty

Yea, definitely a v-rod or similarly shaped future bike. I think the dude sitting in the grass with people rubbing his back was the rider, not sure what really happened.

^ this.

Its not so much riding above your ability as it is riding below a sensible IQ level. The most talented rider in the world can still double or triple the speed limit and have someone waiting to pull out who sees them coming but doesn’t realize how fast they are moving pull out in front of them.

I think is this incident: Albany, New York News, Weather, Sports | NEWS10 ABC

RIP to the rider.

It is another intersection accident, don’t care who is at fault at this point but if you are on a bike you should take EXTRA precaution and effort to do everything you can to minimize your risk.

Slow down at all intersections would be a good start even if it is green for you. You will be amazed how many people will try to make a left at the last minute and then not complete the turn because they realized they won’t make it, now you have a car smack in the middle of your lane. A motorcycles have a very small silhouette compare to cars, it is very easy for people to misjudge our speed when we are coming in the opposite direction.

Full gear ALWAYS helps. Stay safe and alert.

Really? No offence, but how is that even her business?

Dude got a backrub as consolation? Could be pretty worth it if there were any hot women involved. He’s really lucky he was only receiving a backrub instead of being loaded onto a stretcher.

But in seriousness, I was looking at getting a bike soon, and I still want one, but I think I’m going to stick to just cars for another few years. All the fatalities pretty much would make getting one and living at home difficult. I wasn’t looking at sportbikes like most 20 year olds would, specifically because I didn’t want to do stupid things on pavement. I was looking at Suzuki DRZ-400’s and similar so I could keep the stupidity off the roads.

Had one going, its buried in this section, got too depressing.

Im sticking to 4 wheels (except a bicycle) because I know Id fuck myself up or die on 2 wheels.