RIP, another biker down and out...

Im posting this from my vacation spot, but I just found out a kid i graduated with died on his motorcycle today. Don’t know much about it, all i know is that he was on day road in holland today and he lost control. such a shame that it happened to him.

back in middle school, he was logging with his dad and was hit in the the head with a falling tree and suffered severe head trauma. he had a great recovery, but i guess this time he wasnt so lucky.

please be safe out there guys, i know alot of accidents are caused by other drivers, but its still a shame to hear when it was rider error.

RIP Rich Eschborn

edit- i also witnessed another bike accident yesterday up here by placid, harley rider took a nasty spill by split rock on route 9. both riders went down and were rushed by helicopter to the hospital.

they should include a free burial plot with every new bike sold

seriously though if 4 wheels are too many for you and you must have a bike, be careful!

rip to the deceased

i really hate hearing this. i think my bike is going up for sale when i get back, my life is more important to me than these stupid gas prices.

most accidents can easily be avoided by not riding over your head and paying attention… don’t jump to a rash decision, riding a motorcycle is a great experience and always puts a giant smile on my face.

RIP

Don’t do something you will regret. Give it a week or two and see how you feel.

RIP :frowning:

i also got 3 tickets on it the day i left for vacation along with getting my exhaust stolen. iv put almost half the amount of money into the bike, iv paid for it.

im just to wreckless on it and i really dont need my family worrying about as much as they do while im on it. i can just as easily find another hobby to make me happy. i could also use the money to pay some bills/tickets/new car.

Just wait a week before you do lol. If it’s your passion then it will be hard to stay away.

That explains why Mercy Flight buzzed my house.
I know a guy that lives on Day Road.:uhh:
RIP.

That explains why Mercy Flight buzzed my house.
I know a guy that lives on Day Road.:uhh:
RIP.

it wouldnt be jimmy d. would it?

^ Nope, the Sluce family.

ahhhh i know them as well. anyways if anyone saw anything on the news or can find anything, let me know. i hate being out of town with no way to contact anyone. i barely get cell phone service up here in the mountains.

Agreed that most accidents are caused by riders riding over their head. That and riding in groups where the riders dont know each others strenghts and weaknesses. I dam near crashed last summer on my way to cruise night because of a kid that could ride wheelies but couldnt turn to save his life.

RIP to the fallen

I cringe when I read these threads mostly because my wife wants to get into riding.

im hearing now that he went into an s-curve and just lost it. if its the one im thinking of, its not a very good part of the road(potholes, dirt/debris).

thats all it takes is one patch of gravel to take you down and some riders dont even think about that on the back country roads.

Ya man. I know that S turn. Is that where jess adams used to live? I always slow down in my car when taking it. I wouldnt even take it on a bike. No way. Theres always shit on that part of the road.

yeah, cory just told me thats where it happened. he should know better than to go that fast through there. do you know how long hes had his bike for?

no idea. i havent seen the kid since HS to be honest.

Wow, I worked with him for a few years.

When he told me he was buying a bike last aug I told him he was going to kill himself.

i got my bike a little over three weeks ago and as long as you stay level headed and always expect others to do the wrong thing you should be alright.

RIP