Big motorcycle accident on the 290...

Is everyone OK? They are saying it involved a lot of bikes, possible serious injuries. 290 is closed at the Niagara Falls Blvd exit.

News just said 2 are dead and they were doing 100+mph 4 bikes involved

Ruh roh…

Listening to the scanner now. They won’t let any of the relatives up on the 290, they are making them stay down on the Blvd. Doesn’t sound like a good situation at all.

Im extremely nervous, I just saw Geoff, Chris, Anthony and someone else going towards the 290. 45 minutes ago

squid clean up on the 290, seriously though, hope everyone here is “ok”

Someone chime in please!

I saw the backup going home. It was on the 290 eastbound

Apparently it was 4 riders headed to OP for a ride. accident happened around 10:10pm. They left Taco Bell before getting on the 290

its 11:30 WTF where is everyone? I hate to see bikers down

So nervous, Geoff, Anthony, Chris and Freek i guess were up at mighty taco and i know Chris likes going to OP area. He’s not answering his phone…They met at mighty…

Geoff, anthony and chris are ok.

Channel 2 just now said accident with at leats 2 deaths but didn’t mention bikes although in the vid you can see at least one down.

Shit, that’s crazy, hope it’s nobody on here.

Tims ok too i guess! :slight_smile: so is paulo!

Not good:

A police official confirmed to 2 On Your Side that two motorcycles may have collided. Two people are dead and a third person was taken to the hospital

I miss having connections at ECMC and other local hospitals… This is sad… and i dont even know the details.

Channel 4 said 1 bike and went down and hit the other 3. Could be mixed stories at this point.

Its easy to fixate and crash if the guy in front goes down… I’m surprised it doesnt happen more often.

Did it happen on a ramp or on the straight?

If you go to the thruway cams you can see right where it happened. The crews are still there.
http://maps.nittec.org/CctvViewer.aspx?ImagePath=liveimages/CCTV_624.jpg

http://maps.nittec.org/CctvViewer.aspx?ImagePath=liveimages/CCTV_624.jpg