old gas, any takers?

I know I saw a thread on this a while back… maybe a couple years ago. Couldn’t find it. Anyways, I have a nearly full gas tank in my old ZX2, car is sold but I still have to change the fuel pump on it so the guy coming to pick it up at the end of the month can drive it home. Car has been sitting for about 9 months. I did put sea foam in the last fill up. That should be ok right? Or could the gas have gone bad by now even with the sea foam. I would put it in my lawn mower but the 5 gallon gas can was just filled up last weekend. Anybody want some gas for their mower or whatever lmk. I need this stuff gone asap so I can get this fuel pump changed out.

If it were premium I’d siphon that shit into my subaru.

Seems like a lot of effort to go get some used gas…if you were closer maybe…

lol 9 month old gas with seafoam in it. On my way!

This, though I’m sure someone will do it. One of those people who will drive 20 minutes out of their way and wait in line for hours because some gas station is having some $1/gallon promotion.

When I pull the old gas out of my generator once a year I just burn it off by dumping a few gallons into each vehicle.

like everyone else.ifyou were closer id take it for the mower or even to blow up to shoot

Paging Kuntryquesttsi …

Can we make shit explode with this? I’m trying to get creative for exploding tartgets…

Add a little tannerite and it shouldn’t be an issue to make movie explosions. I could figure something out lol. I was a combat engineer after all.

penlton? FML I’ll go to the rez, closer and cheaper lol.

just run it. 9 months isn’t that bad. Its not like you change the gas after storing a car for the winter. Just top it off with some fresh gas and you’ll be good to go. Not worth the effort for something you are selling

It’s 93 :slight_smile:

You failed to see the part where I have to change a fuel pump.

That doesn’t mean anything specifically. Most cars you can get to the pump through the back seat. siphon the gas into a 5 gal bucket or two then put it back when you are done? lol

http://www.ci.beloit.wi.us/vertical/Sites/%7B4AECD64A-01FA-4C24-8F53-D3281732C6AB%7D/uploads/%7B8EB7097D-E899-4018-A3D7-F88A649B7670%7D.JPG

:tup:

It is under the back seat, but I don’t feel safe with a mostly full gas tank.

LOL Fry

There is nothing to worry about man. Unless you rinse the gas tank out with water the possibility of explosion is the same empty or full.

Just unplug the pump, take the 3 hoses off, unscrew then remove the pump. Should take 10 mins if nothing is rusted. If the bolts are rusty spray PB blaster on there and let it sit for an hour or so. Use six point sockets and make sure you are using the right size.

(edit: if the car actually runs still pull the fuse for the fuel pump and start the car to relieve the pressure in the lines, if it hasn’t been started in a while I wouldnt worry about it)

lol this is true