OMG another exhaust ticket question

i got a ticket for exhaust last night, if i pass a NYS inspection today woud a receipt from that be admissable in court for the ticket?

Worked for me, I didnt even have the receipt, just told them the ADA it just passed inspection, and he was like, Oh okay, have a nice day

Double post…

im an inspector ill write off on sumthing if ya want, exhaust tickets are bullshit

well seeing having a muffler has nothing to do with inspection…i would say no…but people are dumb and it could work

was this on the camaro? the only thing loud on that car was the horn, the inspection might help, if not make a temp fix to make t quiet and bring it to a police station and they,ll write it off as fixed

this man knows hip-hop. exhaust has nothing to do with an inspection. No muffler is necessary for a NYSI. County laws are for exhaust.

normally cops have to be up on you when they check for loud exhuast,did you try throwing in the clutch?
Its bullshit they’re supposed to have something to check the decibal level

I was told by a few cops that any modification to your exhaust system that makes it louder than when it left the factory is illegal. It has nothing to do with inspection.

what clutch? its autotragic.

These are some of the fucking stupidest responses to a post I’ve ever seen. What is it with the past batches of new guys fucking sucking? If it doesn’t answer his question shut the fuck up already. Where’s my man Fry when we need him?

OP: When I got my inadequate muffler ticket I just repaired the exhaust pipe, took it to a inspection station and they wrote it was fixed. The cop said I could also take it to the police station within 24 hours and they’ll write it up. Good luck.

it also doesnt work when the cops following you on the thurway for 5 miles lol.

I got a ticket in OP, all i told the prosecutor was that the officer didnt have a decibel meter and therefore, the loudness was only his opinion. I also pointed out that the car passed NYS inspection. Case dismissed.

I wonder where these cops are that care about loud exhaust…I drove around with open headers half the summer…

dont go through Orchard Park or Hamburg after dark

Seriously I have no idea.

When I had the tbird with the bassani race mufflers and the 4’’ exhaust with headers, I never got into trouble with that car.

they dnt usually bother muscle cars as much as regular cars or ricers

About the 4th or 5th time I’ve posted this…
http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20184

So will getting it inspected work, depends on how the DA feels. He certainly doesn’t have to drop it because clearly a car can pass a safety/emissions inspection but still be illegal.

screw the cops

Did you get it in west seneca because I got one last night to in ws. Fing cop is a complete ass hole