OMG iPod Touch!

I finally gave into Apple and the iPod and all I can say is WOW.

I got the 16gb touch and its awesome. Great interface and the WiFi rocks too. Only complaint I have is that you have to use iTunes with this one which I hate but I can deal with it.

Already downgraded the firmware so I could jailbreak and it upgraded back ot the original. I am waiting to try the new one thats out too but I want to make sure it can be hacked first.

What kind of hacks are out there ?

well, the hack is mainly for running 3rd part software (and unlocking it to use on other carriers… for the iphone atleast).

Honestly… it would take all day to write the software down. But there is everything from file managers to PDF viewers to emulators. It really is worth the $$$… wish it used pressure for the touch interface though as a “real” stylus would rock for some of the apps/games

good choice man… you’ll love it. g/l with the downgrade… just make sure to back it up BEFORE hacking it. just in case

I <3 my phone

Yea its all downgraded and everything.

I bought it and it had version 1.1.2 so I had to restore it with itunes to 1.1.1 and then to the over the web jailbreak to prepare it and then upgrade it again through itunes to the 1.1.2 and then you can have fun installing third party apps and games like you said, anything from pdf viewers to games, to aim clients, and more.

The 1.1.3 firmware seems cool but I want to see it broken first before I do it.

:clap: i’ve had mine for a few months and have so nice hacks. I put a gps locater, fm tuner, nintendo emulator, and a few other little toys on it. I love it.

same. Shit, I’m still using 1.1.1 lol the last update wasn’t enough for me to bother with

Arent you the guy who posted and blogged all about how Apple/iPhone sucks?

me? nah… I have no real problems with apple. I just like poking fun/stirring the pot. They make a decent product, I’m not gonna lie… as a matter of fact, I’m installing OSX on my windows machine now :smiley:

I’m by no means an apple humper though (nor am I a microsoft humper… just happens to be what I prefer using)

Dozr: Yea it was me. I think the iPhone is over rated from all the hype it had but I am not saying its not innovative and a great concept. Hence why I said I gave in and am hooked on this thing.

What GPS locator program did you find for the touch iPod or did you use the iPhone one that used cell towers.

If you can find a stylus that has a capacitive point on it, that should work.

i got the game boy advance emulator and its sick. the screen has an overlay for the controller.

i wish i could organize my music a little better in this thing tho. i hate having to use itunes to make playlists on the damn thing.

how is browsing the web with this thing???

hell yeah, I play FF and Monopoly on the shitter all the time :lol:

Also FYI, If you have VMware and don’t want to deal with itunes (I assume you’re a windows user), just create an XP VM and install itunes on that. works like a charm, from what I’ve read (or you can install OSX86). Virtual PC, however, doesn’t support USB all that well

how is browsing the web with this thing???

It’s great on wifi… edge (on the iphone) kind of sucks though

Is the internet service on this free or must one pay for it?

with the phone, it’s included in the plan.

you cant “buy” wireless internet just for the touch. You either have to be on your own/friend Wifi network, or a public hotspot

oh alright, i thought that you could get roaming internet with this thing.

Using a jailbroken ipod touch here. Able to sync wirelessly using Amarok. Definitely the coolest device I have ever purchased.

my girlfriend has one and its awesome. :tup:

I do wish it had a few features tho.

I wish it had a camera and also I hate the restrictions of iTunes so you could manage the music (add, delete, queue) on the fly and not need to make lists on iTunes first. Other than that its a sick device and I am really impressed.

pm’d