On ramp 1, Cobalt SS 0

nope, 100% pavement.

i guess you just weren’t driving the evo hard enough then?

i remember when Rubin took me for a ride on these back roads in cobleskill and i just couldn’t believe how the car went, hangin it sideways on very sharp turns, you would point the car where you wanted it and it went. wayyyyy too much fun to drive, car felt like it was on rails. after that i knew that i HAD to have the car.

This!

Not exactly… all depends on weight, hp, tires etc…

Agreed…

i just drove the GTO today on my street with minimal snow and it was an animal. 4th gear, part throttle, easy controlled slide.

i would not recommend driving in the snow unless you have some TINY snow tires, like 215/xx/17 rear and 205 or 215 front

Yeah, my car was way too easy to get sideways today. I just put my foot down a little and it was sideways.
4.10’s and summer tires arent great on cold salted road.

Buying a GTO as sole transportation in upstate NY is a retarded idea for sure, but takes getting older and wiser to learn. In this situation, I’d be buying a 98-02 Z28/Trans AM/etc for 10K (wild guess), and a few grand on a good daily driver. Or even high teens on a early-mid C5 and spend 2K on a DD.

Hey Trav I heard they played a new ep of JS on New Year’s Eve. We should make a thread for when it reshows.

Agreed. My new years resolution was to stop fist-bumping, but I can tie my hands down for the rest of this TV series.

GM did it all wrong with the LSx motors. put them in absolute YACHTS that are useless for anything except for straight line speed (save for the vettes and new camaros)

LS1 miata 2600lbs 115trap stock as a rock still with 52/28 weight dist. FTMFW…and still cheaper to put together than a 20k goat

www.mtv.com, you can watch every episode on there

KF,

No one cares how fast a Miata is with whatever motor you put in it. Well, you do I guess, but you don’t matter.

you mean 48?
an ls1 miata would be dope, but if it was me, i’d be going for an evo or sti. you can get pretty low mile evo 8’s for ~15 now.

I beg to differ. My WRX and RSTi got/get sideways.

i love insecure, ignorant, closed-minded people who hate on hondas, hyundais, miatas, imports, whatever for all the wrong reasons (not necessarily you, just in general).

it would piss me off being in a 3800lbs car knowing that for the same price i could be in the same type of car (sports car, not super practical, RWD v8) that weighs over one THOUSAND pounds less, is a sleeper, is a 'vert and has an infinite chassis/suspension aftermarket for the same price

whatever floats your boat, though, leo. just offering an alternative. i wouldn’t have posted that if you had already bought the car, PJB style :lol

yep, nooooooo problem… but gobs of grip when Sir Charles desires

Convertibles= headaches and that sucks. I seriously cant ride in one without getting a headache.

I dont think Id even fit comfortable in a Miata. I know I cant drive a Viper.

Miata’s look gay. I don’t like Miata’s.

Miata’s suck.

Paul wanna ride in my s2k? We can go whereever you want (Adult World I presume).

:smiley:

you are the only person who gets headaches from convertibles that ive ever heard of. and if i can fit in an MR2, you can fit into almost anything (im taller then you, right?)

Like that doesnt sound totally gay.

I just cant take the wind I guess. Every time Ive been in a convertible Ive gotten a headache.

I dont know how tall you are but Im 6’3". Ive tried driving a Viper and couldnt due to the placement of the pedals and lack of room.

I dont see myself driving a Miata either. I really wouldnt want something that small anyway.

My friend john who is 6’7 and 300lbs fit in my old miata and drove it so I am pretty sure you would fit no problem

But really I wouldnt want to stuff myself in there.