On ramp 1, Cobalt SS 0

lol liar

srsly?

honestly wouldent suprise me reagrdless of the car, the roads everywhere ive been the past 2 days have been horrible with all the snowdrift/blackice

i can imagine up by you they are horrible

It was a sarcastic joke

I took my mountaineer out. It LOVED the snow

:rofl

:rofl

ITS NEW YORK COMON IT SNOWS EVERY YEAR

get used to it, learn how to drive, OMFG

no one on this this entire forum has ANY REASON to crash their car unless someone else hits them first

Yup, I’ve never ever slid out of control in the winter before ever because if I did I’d have no excuse.

He never crashed the Viper. Fucking guy fell off his roof!

A Viper could not be driven in the winter, period. I’ve owned one, fucking thing was nearly useless in the rain. ANY snow on the ground, and it would not move.

Singh had a RWD car that one year, despite nearly sideswiping my SS Cobalt (which was near new at the time, haha) and taking out a phone pole and fishtailing unpredictably at any given moment, i’d say he did just fine. That car was MINT too. I forget what it was though, Crown Vic or the Mercury variant, one of those two.

This then sparked my interest for a RWD daily driver. :lol

yeah dude , remember i was 100% fucking that car up the WHOLE winter beating its balls off… it was the mecury version…

that night i was just flooring it everywhere…

RWD is perfectly do able, but im just busting your balls because you cant tell me that thing is gonna do better in the snow than your cobalt… but i think u should get it if u want it, and don’t base your choice off of people here…

if u ask me, C5…way cooler for the money, but who’s doing the payments? they should decide on the final car choice, im just suggesting…

vlads E30 i have right now is fucking awesome in the snow, its 2700 pounds i believe, limited slip in the rear, some junk engine, 5 speed… super dorifto fun !!

open diffs FTL , i love the diff in the car more than the car itself

RWD is fine… but its not the best choice especially if u have issues in the winter driving

Regardless of winter performance, it’s just a bloated Grand Am with an LS motor in it. There is no way that anyone in their right mind could set a GTO next to a C5 and tell me that the GTO looks NEARLY as good.

right, i agree, i think the car is shit for what they try to compare it too… but he can get the car he wants and base his own opinion on his experience… i mean if he likes GM… so be it let him like GM lol

personally i’de be lookin fora C5 or a bimmer/benz for around 20 g’s used… u can find something REALLY nasty for 20g’s thats alot of money for a used car IMO

BUT im the guy who buys cars for under 5k so wat can i say lol

The GTO is a Holden Monaro. It’s an Australian car and to compare it to a grand am is just asinine and tells me that you have no idea what you are talking about.

I don’t care one bit about what people think about what I own and/or do. the ls2 gto is the only car I know that can put such a HUGE smile on my face and yet still be practical for everyday use.

The C5 is a great bang for buck car, but isn’t practical for everyday use. I can’t put my skis in it, I can only have one passenger, I can’t have sex in the back seat because there isn’t any, the insurance is much higher… I can go on.

Plus the C5’s interior is just so cheap and stereotypically 1990’s GM.

No thanks.

It LOOKS like a bloated Grand Am, and was a failure in the US market. It’ll suck to drive in the winter, and there are many better choices for the money.

:facepalm

There was only 18k of them imported annually to the US, and GM sold ~15k units.

Not too shabby.

GM put the brakes on it because people complained that it wasn’t “retro” enough to be called the GTO.

And now take a look at the Camaro. Priced exactly the same as the GTO when it was in production and they supposedly are selling like hotcakes.

The GTO is a great car, but was brought out at the wrong time and wasn’t what your average American was looking for.

And in the end, you’re just a toolbag with a blowout:haha:hug

I think the Camaro looks like dogshit shaped roughly like a car, too. In fact, I think that I would take a GTO over a Camaro.

Me too.