One for the Ford guys!

That was a beautiful car. Wow…

:rofl: just say mopar is shit :slight_smile:

U saw it in person at one of the Tour-Ed Mine cruises remember?

Yep, way back in the day. That’s why I said it was beautiful. I never knew that you got screwed over on it. As much as I love f-buckets I’d still have kept that thing and got it fixed right. Although with as clean as your Z28 is I think it’d be a toss-up. Haha.

of course, they are supercharged.

Drive an LS1 f-bucket & then a 4.6L Mustang & then tell me how the numbers are.

LSx - only need one cam, you don’t need to mod them much to run.

I believe they will, at least for a long time to come.

I think you may want to bow out of this conversation or at least just stay back and read.

You’re talking out of your ass in this conversation with ZERO experience with either car.

$12,000 for a 36k mile motor, with a t56 tranny. so lets even be generous and say the t56 is worth $3000 with 36k on it… 9k for a motor wow, mod motors arent as cheap as you think.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-to-04-Mustang-Cobra-4-6-SC-engine-and-6-speed-trans_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33615QQihZ011QQitemZ320016525051QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

I’ve been on both sides, have a good day.

congrats, you found a mod motor on ebay. I have done my research on the mod motors and found some already for the prices I said earlier.

And how do you know what experience I have with anything? I could own a ferrari and 3 porsche’s for all you know.

What does supercharging have to do with anything? HP is HP and torque is torque, it’s not our fault GM isn’t supercharging from the factory.

I have driven a few f-body’s and a good amount of mustangs, they both run well.

all 4 cams for the mod motors are ~$500. But the stock cams are pretty damn good and only need changed when going real radical.

agree to disagree on the last one. I think within 10 years, the pushrod engine will be a thing on the past(from factory).

GM is supercharging from the factory within the next few years

LSA 6.2L V8 SC 600hp
LS9 6.3L V8 SC “635hp”

I was going to say GM (non Z06) may have a hard time hanging with the that 5.4 S/C…but if GM puts those s/c motors in the new Camaro it will be the same story as the 1994-2002 F-buckets vs turdstangs era…Ford will have a tough time keeping up.

LSA is being used by Cadillac for the new V series. But if the Camaro gets an SC motor, my money is on that, vs the LS9 due to it being a full swing production engine vs hand built, like the LS7 and LS9.

Now supposedly the LS7 goes to full automated assembly in the next year or so, so it too may make its way into different vehicles.

I agree

I don’t foresee Ford chasing GM into the 600hp area

probably not, but who knows. The new Shelby mustang is around 500hp already. Maybe in a few years the shelby/svt will be closer to 600. :dunno:

But then again, the mustang was always slower than the camaro. It’s really no big deal.

what are we argueing about again? lol

I forgot, but it’s still fun to argue.

Camaros/Firebirds really have always been faster than Mustangs, stock for stock. But take a look around, a couple hundred bucks in a Stang will have you running with LS1’s. Couple hundred bucks in a S/C Ford (Terminator, GT500) will outrun an LS1. It’s a shame the high power Fords are so few and far between though.

then put a couple bucks in a ls1 and destroy mustangs

and as much as i hate to say this there was a time the stangs were faster…look at the 80s

Funny guy…put a “couple of 100$$$” in a 99-02 GT and see how you will hang with a Z-28 or TA

I think a mustang gt or cobra before 03 will need a bit more than a couple $100 to hang with a camaro.

But an 03 cobra will have no problem with any camaro and money per mod with the camaro, the cobra will still stay ahead.

If all you like is speed for cheap, the camaro is the way to go. If you actually want a nice car and will sacrifice some speed, the mustang is your choice. imo