One last upgrade!

“Really honey, this is the last thing I am buying this year!” ROFL…

I was surprised when I started calling around this morning looking for a bung, the M300 kit doesn’t include it. Every shop I talked to had no idea what a “Bung” was, I think one guy thought I was having bowel trouble by his reaction!

PLX M300 Wide-band O2 and controller. Hopefully I can get it setup by the weekend for the SCC.

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/1605/plxwideband4ox.th.jpg

Nice!

What’s that unit cost, and are you running one or two of them?

Jason

$420CAD Duty and shipping in. Just a single sensor, I was thinking about mounting it at the front of my X-pipe so I will get a mix of both sides gases.

I am still investigating the optimal install for the sensor (location, angle depth), I know the the minimum distance due to heat but don’ know yet if there is a best practice for maximum distance from the downpipes.

Now I just need to buy a Dyno!..Think the wife will go for that?

I wouldn’t do that. If you have a problem down the road and start getting weird readings you’ll never be able to tell which side (cylinder bank, etc.) the problem is coming from.

What I think you should do is install two bungs now, one on each side (on either the downpipe or testpipe of each side). Cap off the one you are not using. That way you can either add the second sensor later, or you have the option of swapping sides whenever you feel like it, or need to.

Good idea.^^^^^

I picked up a couple of bungs (nuts) and am just going to put them both on while the exhaust is dropped. Its only $80USD for another O2 sensor, I am just going to plug one side for now until I order the second sensor.

I’ll have to put in a switch since I don’t think the controller supports multiple inputs. It might but I haven’t done a whole lot of reading yet on it. Basically I just spoke to Ash (Zemulator) and asked him what he is using and what was tested with the Zem and this kit worked the best for him and others datalogging with that system.