One More Time Before Winter....

[bored post]Well, I spun a rod bearing on my engin, and now gatering/ordering parts to get a nutter engine together. Hopefully some of yous will still be out.
Maybe I can post some “carnage” pics.
The od came off the crank…rod cap must be in the oil pan. The rod journal on the crank lodged the rod against the block seizing the sum bitch real good.
I guess a stock 151k mi. bottom end doesnt like a 6700rpm shift. :gotme:[/bored post]

bummer

:frowning: shitty…but its the end of summer…ya know…

damn it

“damn it” I’ll be back out or “damn it” I broke?

This time Im gonna pull on the el es juan. instead of dead even.:ohnoes: Before u make some changes.
I figure summers over, no sense keepin it on the dl no mo. Those were fun runs…even though I couldnt hear my car at all. Guess I should have spoke up, I could have been on the greater than board.

:wink:

It sux man, but it pulled hard for the time it was running.

lol if you need any help let me know…

Besides torching the stuck con. rod out…everything should be straight forward.
You can come see the carnage if u want.

OH! I bent all six of my fuggin exh. valves as well.

:eekdance: damn, done broke that good. get some bearing pics.

Lets see some of those pics.

I love the pic u sent me

Been there done that. . .It sucks big time. Sorry to hear about your luck. Good luck with the rebuild.

stock shortblocks FTW

post carnage pics!

I’ll try to shoot some pics with the digi cam. Then, I gota find the CD to d/l the software on to this new computer.
As for the engine…this will be my like my 4th-5th time ripping apart and re-doing. I’ve ran 3 different cams, 2 different done up heads from diff. vendors.
This combo by far has been the best…it pulls like crazy. Even when the car shifted at 67-6800rpms it was STILL pulling. Still had tq low and mid to keep it a fun driver. Jay (num482)
knows…rememberthewetroads+tuning/scanning?? :eek: :ohnoes: lmao

Then the S2000 that didnt know what hit him, or the yellow LS1 GTO that was quite surprized, then the white formula "all-mighty" LS1 ....well he knew and didnt get pulled. Then when I was showin off goin by SilverGTP (Brosh's) " Corn Maze" and he and Choda saw/heard me go by.:headbang:  But, damn it I need to get back out there the car is waaay too much fun to put away and give up for the year.

Worst part was, I resloved a misfire problem I was having, aaand got my WOT A/F from a smoke screening 10.5:1 to a sweet n crisp 12.0:1. Lookin to get some fine tuning done on a dyno too. 12 is as lean as I'd like to go with my supercharged setup, unless the tuner at hand can shed some light.

balls man, that sucks. Its the name of the game however these things happen…higher weight oil. Pennzoil has a really nice synthetic 5w50 that is actually cheap like 3-4$ a qt. :tup:

Yeah, I was thinking of running some of the “good stuff” like RedLine or Royal Purple. I’ll have to look into that Pennzoil 5W50

LMAO…the piston was lodged against the block and crank. Looks like what happened was the rod cap “removed itself” and it just dangled til it got stuck.
Wrod of advise, dont over rev a high mileage engine.

:tdown:

Yeah this combo is definitely the hardest pulling set up Ive felt in a grand prix. Matter of fact its inspired me to copy it over winter. It has the low end of a SC and the pull up top like a turbo. I was super impressed.